• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is here a minimum BMI?

ditzeeblonde

Is there a minimum BMI for surgery? As in if your lower than say 35 they will refuse you for the op?

I've lost quite a bit of weight this year & am wondering if that will scupper my chances of my op now as my BMI is less?

Many thanks in advance.

Linzi. x

Have you already got funding in place? If not, most surgeons will apply on the basis of your weight on referral. Anything you've lost since then is only of benefit to you in terms of ensuring you're healthier for the anaesthetic and also to show you are committed to losing weight.

My BMI is lower and certainly is no problem when paying privately!

Yes funding was approved in January.

Thanks for your help. x

You won't have anything to worry about then. And congratulations on losing so much weight already, you've done magnificently! :D

Love the dog in your avatar, I used to have Rotties, beautiful dogs :)

Is there a minimum BMI for surgery? As in if your lower than say 35 they will refuse you for the op?

I've lost quite a bit of weight this year & am wondering if that will scupper my chances of my op now as my BMI is less?

Many thanks in advance.

Linzi. x

Hello there

My BMI was lower (37) then your is now when I got funding for my op (nhs funding) although I must say I have got a few comorbidities as well, I dont think I would have got the funding otherwise.

All the best - MeJulie x x

You won't have anything to worry about then. And congratulations on losing so much weight already, you've done magnificently! :D

Thanks.. I'm a professional at losing weight... its the maintaining it I'm completely pants at!! :D

Love the dog in your avatar, I used to have Rotties, beautiful dogs :)

Thank you... I miss her so! They are beautiful dogs & very misunderstood. xx

Hello there

My BMI was lower (37) then your is now when I got funding for my op (nhs funding) although I must say I have got a few comorbidities as well, I dont think I would have got the funding otherwise.

All the best - MeJulie x x

Thank you... I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in January so that'll go in my favour I guess! :)

Back