• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it healed 3 weeks post op

Eve30

Hi- on my discharge sheet it says no heavy lifting for 6 weeks however I'm sure my surgeon told me I can drive and lift after 2? Wondering what others did as my kids are back home now and wed will be 3 weeks post op and want to take daughter out again in the buggy walking so I get my exercise too! If the scars are closed and one crusting a bit are they healed?? Thanks

Sorry I can't give advice as not yet been done LOL but assuming you're feeling good and doing well from that question?

Hi rudders- 1-3 days after the op I thought how will this ever feel normal and yet here I am almost 3 weeks post op and feel completely normal again- well except for the fact that I'm eating less than my 20 month old lol!!! Just don't want to leap before I run in case anything can happen!

Think everyone differs...I was driving after a couple of weeks,felt i could have drove earlier but didn't want to push it too much.
You'll know when it's right...Best of luck to you
Andy x

You must check with your insurer. I was told 6 weeks.

Will call the hospital tomorrow then and have to hope it's not 6 weeks- she will go mad if I don't take her out for a walk in that long!!

I was told walking was fine straight away and encourage to do so. driving I was told 2 to 6 weeks. Swimming after six weeks due to risk of infection.

Back