• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is it just me ?

janebell

hiya everyone im just wondering is it just me or does appointments a srh seem to be taking for ever ? it realy getting me down waiting till july for my next appointment feel usless n fed up :sigh: they does not seem to be a lot off posts on here saying ppl are going in for there ops at srh. sorry for ranting x

I know it feels like such a long wait when you're starting out but it really does fly by! They've just started releasing the March op dates for srh but then it seems to go quiet until the next month. Hang in there hun x

thanks hun i know i will get there one day x

I know what you mean I have my appointment with surgeon in may which will be a year since last there!

we will all get there eventually just got to keep plodding on xx

you will get there, but I can say you have to wait just as long for appointment after your op, I had my bypass November and dont have my follow up till July??? which isnt ideal I just hope I'm doing things right lol xx

I had to wait for 1 year for mine & at last having it on Saturday 25 Feb. actually only had to have 3 hospital appointments as my assessment said that I had no psychological issues, no major medical issues except very high blood pressure & very very over weight! I only saw the dietician once & because I am a qualified food scientist she concluded that I knew more about it than she did so she couldn't teach me anything ???LOL
My friend is under the same hospital for same op & has waited 18 months, had countless appointments, has more comorbities & still hasn't got funding. Very frustrating for her. Different PCT - disgusting there is such a postcode lottery.

yeah ya right goofy07 we just have to plod on nothing else we can do realy hun hope you get sorted soon x sound like its along wait for appointment b4 n after ya op at sunderland safc chick i would not worry i bet ya doing things right hun its just so frustrating for us all wanting a appointment i guess its cause the lists are getting longer n longer we all need to keep positive i guess xxx

The list at sunderland has been growing rapidly but that might slow down now with the new services being offered at Darlo etc - then (hopefully) waiting times should reduce at srh - in theory?!? X

lets hope so newcy x

I find it weird that although I was initially referred in July/August 2010, the time between each appointment has seemed to go really quickly, I haven't really thought about them that much. However, since I was put on the waiting list, every day is torturous. I just wish I could get a date, even if well into the future, as I feel like I am in limbo and unable to plan anything.

I know just what you mean! Initially it felt like it was going to go on forever but then I stopped thinking about it and the time between appointments flew by. BUT since going on the list, all I can think about is getting a date x

Back