• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it normal...

That I can manage 3/4 a tin of veg soup 2 and a half wks after bypass???

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Every one is different, as long as u have no pain etc u should be fine.... Take it slow and chew chew chew hard I know with soup but u have to mimic it xxx I got told to wait after every spoon full but different providers tell u different things xxx

Thanks. Am on the purred stage but havin veggie soup (with veg and small bits of potato in). Can eat soup and drink fine. Have no problem with that gettin down but the pureed food isn't as easy! Going down ok but very gassy etc afterwards and completely full for hours! Struggling to get the 7 'meals' I've been told to have down so going to switch back to soup for a while as I know I can manage that.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm the same 4 weeks out. I can easily down a can of soup as long as it's not chunky. I'm pretty active now so I'm not too bothered by that but I make sure not to have more than one soup per day. The pureed food goes down a lot slower though and 2 spoonfuls is more than enough. Today I had some mashed up fish fingers to increase my protein and they were gorgeous. Had to eat them very slowly though.

Back