• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss

clairabell

Hi
i am in my third week post gastric by pass surgery
i am on pureed food and this week i have not lost any weight
is this normal
i lost 14lb in the first 2 weeks so excepted some loss this week
its amazing how wieght loss is always on my mind
my intake during the day is
a galss of skimmed milk with all my tablets lol
yoghart as snack
soup lunch 1/2 a tin
protien drink during the day no fat or carbs
dairlee triange 1/2 fat x 2 as a snacks
then pureed meet and veg for tea
water all day
i am going wrong somewhere or is it normal
:mad:

No you've not gone wrong your bodies lost a lot of weight in a short time frame & hasn't had a huge amount of food in so has gone into shock this could last a week or two or longer. Basically your bodies hanging onto every last ounce (although your body may still be shrinking) until it works our the new regime isn't going to change by much & accepts things & starts giving up the weight again. Upping your fluids, adding a bit more food if you can & being a little more active will also remind your body whose the boss & accept the new rules. We all plateau & have our losses go on strike as our bodies get used to the new regime accept, tantrum & accept. Sometimes this is your only stall or it could be a regular occurrence we are each individuals & our bodies all work differently.
Great start by the way keep up the great work so far you're doing brill.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I stalled 3 weeks out too Hun.. I am now approaching 6 weeks so my food has more variety. It really is tough in the puréed stage ain't it?. But I'm slowly moving again now. . All the best xx

Hi
Im 3 weeks out too and feeling the same as you and the usual obsession with the scale started to creep in so i put mine away. I will try to take a deep breath and trust the process and only weigh myself once a month or every 2 weeks.
Im sure we will both start moving again x

I'm the same. Lost loads week 1 and 2 and only a 1lb the third week. I think it's common for the body to cotton on that week and think what on earth is going on? is she trying to starve me. The weight loss seems to be moving again now but I've upped my calories, I've also up my protein and fluid which everyone says helps but the biggest help is doing something like taking your measurements. I measured myself all over before my op and just did them yesterday and I've lost 23.5 inches from my entire body since the op, it really shows you how well you are doing. If you haven't done it yet I highly recommend it, you will be really shocked next month. I'm sure you will have a loss this week if not for sure next week as it sounds like you are doing great. Good luck :) x

Back