• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Second stage food

millyrhys

Be been told after 4 weeks it's mashed food anyone got some ideas on what I coul have other than mashed veg and gravy

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Tinned Meatballs, chicken, shepherds pie, cottage pie, fish pie, fish, pasta, bologneis, mince... the list is endless...
Just pick foods which can be mashed down with yourfork or spoon so is soft..and when you have meat, have gravy or sauce with it to soften it... and chew lots...and remember the following which will help...
chew every spoonfull for more than 20 seconds.
wait 20 seconds for your next spoonfull so to allow time for the first spoonfull to go through your pouch.
If you are still eating after 20 minutes then stop eating... you can always go back to it later xx

I've just entered the mushy phase too and so far I have had the inside of jacket potato with baked beans, scrambled eggs, porridge, weetabix and chilli. Not together though! I haven't found any restriction yet so am just trying to keep the portions small.
Good luck.

I try a new food each day im 18 days post op and so far, cheese,mash, stewed beef, tinned mince, baked beans, peas, mashed swede and carrot, dutch crispbread with pate have all been ok with "Sid" the sleeve :)

I am 18 days post op and still on purée I thought my dietician sai I can have crispbreads so was eating them Philly and pâté on but she told me yesterday I shouldn't be eating them yet lol

If I was having spag Bol would that be ok ? Am I right in thinking no pasta though

Back