• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IS IT TRUE

Sorry Margaret. Im afraid this one is true. They have to remove your underwear to fit your catheter.

No hun, they usually tell you to remove them before you go down to theatre. :D Don't feel embarassed, you'll be asleep and anyway they've seen it all before lol! :D

Sorry, that's what I've always been told to do anyway lol!

yes marge its true, i just go to theatre now with the provided gown only, they laugh at me and say bra and knix removed liz ? :rolleyes: i say yes i know the process, you can request paper knickers to go down to theatre in, but they do remove them and replace them b4 you wake up, its all to do with hygiene reasons. you will be ok, they take no notice, they completley strip you and cover you with the blue surgical sheet.

dont worry, they do not judge, after all they are only there to do a job.

liz x

i agree red, its just part of there job, its like water off a ducks back to them. after all the surgical team and aneathnatist is there to help over weight people and certainly do not judge, they do this job to help not critisize people.

marge u will be ok hun, i promise you that, all the ladies and the gents on here are not effected by this part of the process of surgery.

liz xx

Thanks everybody at the end of the day I just want the surgery asap . I cant wait to get it , its been a long time coming . take care and good luck .
MARGARET XX

hey marge thats the spirit its the long term gain thats important, keep focused on that, you will be fine.

best wishes

liz x

Hi there,

I`m not sure which surgery you`re due to have, But wanted to wish you good luck!

LiSe x

They never cut mine off I wore my own knickers as the ones they wanted to give me were too big....I did not have a catheter (sp) either its down to the surgeon if they use one....xx

They never cut mine off I wore my own knickers as the ones they wanted to give me were too big....I did not have a catheter (sp) either its down to the surgeon if they use one....xx

i wasnt catherterised either, my 1st op i went with my own nix on, i was wheeled back with them on the trolley beside me, they take em off every time, some put em back on b4 u wake up and most patients do not realise this has even happened, they are descrite and dont want to embarase a patient, if you wake up with your own knickers on its only because they have put them back on after the op b4 the aneatetic has worn off.

all surgeons remove them because its a hygiene issue, but most dont even realise its happened.

Yep, I wore my own knickers but they removed them (not cut off, just in a bag). However, I have seen the new gowns at Salford Royal & they come with disposable knickers from now on. Also, no catheter for me (same surgeon as CG).

Nic;)

keyhole means no catheter, and i walked down with non one, had 2 gowns on one facing each way. you really do not even think about it as your so focused on this being the new start you have been wanting for so long

Hiya

OH MY GOD I never knew this ....... would I have had mine removed if having a band?? I had my own knickers on and was on TOTM!!!! Oh well done now!

Anyways I do spray tanning for a living and spray women naked most of the time and too me its just my job and dont look at um that way. 5 mins after I couldnt even tell you if they had a tattoo or not!!! So dont worry they have always seen worse and dont even think about it! HONEST

Dee xx

when I had a general anaesthetic, they inserted the catheter before they knocked me out - in fact before they even took me in to theatre. I thought that was normal.....!

i went down with my paper pants on and still had them on when i came back up, didnt have no cafeter either though...must depend...but dont worry you will be fine x

Back