• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is my restriction too good??

simplylucy

I'm beginning to wonder if my restriction is too good, is there such a problem!

I've managed half a quorn burger for my tea with 2 forkfuls of tinned spaghetti, I'm stuffed. Over full in fact as my nose is running.

My portions are tiny.

A roast consists of a slice of meat, 2 bits of carrot, a piece of broccoli and a tiny bit of cauliflower cheese. Well that was yesterdays roast! I don't even bother with potatos now.

Sometimes I have a weight watchers ready meal, I only have half at a time and rarely eat the half.

Some days I struggle to get 500 calories in, it's madness.

I'm 9 months out now, my weight loss has slowed dramatically and I'm wondering if it's because I'm not eating enough.

Oh my gosh, Im not a bypasser but that does not sound much. Maybe give you team a call to put your mind at rest if nothing else x

You should be able to eat more at 9 months,im getting 1000 /1200 cals in on a good day and im 16 weeks out.Milky coffee and weetabix,cheese etc help boost your intake easily.I eat something about every two hours!

I can eat a full size restaurant portion of a meal, eg for a roast I can eat it all bar a couple of roasties... always been amazed by how different our restriction has been yet we we're both opp'ed on at the same time... I stopped losing at 3 months out bar 1-2lb a month (of hard dieting!) so if yours is too little food then whats mine??

I've asked to see my surgeon at my next check up as I have so many questions... think you should definately speak to your team as your the other extreme. xxx

Hi Ditz, Im like you, I had my op beginning of April, I had my first fill 12th May and since then I have felt the same as I did pre op and I can eat far more than I expected, which is really worrying me. I go for my 2cnd fill on Saturday and I really hope that will significantly reduce the portion size i can eat! Right now I'd love to be on 500 cals a day :-(
Congrats on your weight loss, your doing brilliantly hun x

Lucy i don't think you are eating enough. I can't manage a full roast by any way shape or form, however i can do about 100g of chicken or around 60g of salmon with veg, if it's chicken i can also do about 90g of mashed potato on a good day...

Try and up your calorie intake with maybe full fat cheese, milk to boost it. hth xx

Back