• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried I'm losing too quickly

stefletcher28

Hi All

I know this is mental as the whole point of having a band fitted is to lose weight, but, according to my scales, I've lost 11lbs so far this week and I'm only 3 weeks post op and not had my first fill yet.

My total weight loss since my consultation day is now 51lbs and I'm just a bit concerned that I'm losing too much too quickly and I don't seem to be fitting the pattern that many of my fellow banders are following.

Maybe its different for men and women? I don't know?

So far this is what's been happening

Consultation Day 5th May - 315lb
Pre-Op Milk Diet 20th June - 308lb
Surgery Day 30th June - 288lb
Week 1 1st-7th July - 276lb (-12lb) - liquid diet
Week 2 8th-14th July - 275lb (-1lb) - still liquids
Week 3 15th-21st July - 264lb (-11lb) - soft/mushy

I've been monitoring my calorie intake on myfitnesspal and regularly I've been consistently having at least 1200 calories a day, I even treated myself to a little individual strawberry trifle for some of the days.

My food day generally consists of nothing for breakfast (I've never eaten it)
A tin of Heinz cream of tomato soup for lunch
A sainsburys microwave meal such as chicken lasagne, spaghetti Bolognese or a tin of stagg chilli con carne.
I also got a small pot of the egg mayo deli sandwich fillers and had a few small forkfuls of that if I felt a craving.
Along with at least 2 litres of no added sugar squash a day that's pretty much what I'm having and I'm feeling ok with it, not tremendously hungry and I don't feel as if I'm necessarily depriving myself of anything.

Its almost getting to the point where I'm dreading jumping on the scales as I'm expecting to have put half a stone back on as I can't believe its coming off as quickly as it says. How daft! lol

So what does everyone reckon? Am I doing things right or am I building myself up for a fall? Anyone know if things are the same or different for ladies and men?

I think everyone is different to be honest. I lost fairly quickly throughout my whole process. It was very fast in beginning but has slowed down. I also think it depends on the amount you have to loose d I wouldn't worry sounds like your doing great x

Don't worry ... Just don't also get disappointed if you stall for a week or so, or even gain a little as you work your way through the stages. It all levels itself out in the end ... As sometimes the body has to take time to catch up ...

And be proud of your achievement so far xxx

men do tend to lose more quickly, but also do not compare yourself to others as everyone really is different. I'd lost 2 stone 9lbs by the time of my first fill at 5 weeks, but it does slow, it can stall, so it's obviously working and they say any loss pre fills is also a bonus!

:)

I'd lost 1/3rd of the weight I needed to within the first few months, without a fill too.

We are all different and this is your journey xx

It is probably because you are a guy and had a fair bit to loose at the beginning. Also what job do you do? Are you exercising?

The more calories you are burning through your lifestyle will also impact weight loss.

I have only lost 21lbs so far and I was banded the day before you, buy I am a girl and started off on a lower BMI....also I am doing no exercise really, just walking. Something which is next on my list to sort out and speed up the losses.

As long as you are getting your 1200 in and you are drinking enough I am sure it is fine.

Well done on weight loss so far. I was losing on average a stone a month all the way through my journey, only took 8 months to get to goal. As long as your eating ok and drinking good, carry on x x

my only advice is to start eating 3 meals a day brekkie included and change the type of foods your eating once you have a fill , but well done don't be afraid of the loss its great

Back