• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is Personal Trainer Necessary?

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Depends on your motivation and if you have the correct knowledge on what to do to achieve what you need to achieve x

Agree with fuffs, but it also depends on the size of your wallet!! Personal trainers usually don't come cheap, so that is also a consideration...

amanda577 said:
Agree with fuffs, but it also depends on the size of your wallet!! Personal trainers usually don't come cheap, so that is also a consideration...

That's true. The gym I used to got to offered free advice tailored to the individual. But no one followed me around the gym. So it was the best of both worlds lol

I am going to hire one I currently do two spin classes and two zumba a week, just started weights but want them to check my form because I want to tone and build muscle without betting muscle bulk!

If you can afford it do it! They will focus all exercise on e bits needing it most, you could be doing various exercise which is all good, but they will know what's best to target your wobbliest bits x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

If you can afford it, go for it! My friend is a personal trainer and has recommended that I buy a gym ball and some resistance bands and has suggested a few circuit type exercises.
Not only can a personal trainer workout a sensible work-out plan for you, s/he can show you how to exercise using good form, strengthening your core. Helping you minimize the chance of getting injuries as well as devising a specific program that will suit you and produce good results.

That is so very true, love my fitness ball n bands it is part of pilates which lets you exercise without you feeling it to much its the next day you feel it but it is a good way to tone n keep toned, along with other exercises it can be costly but if you need the help and can afford it then go for it there was a guy who used to teach us pilates and he was a personal trainer, chatted with him bout my op n he said he does a lot of one to one with people like me, if they have the cash though, but think some peolpe can be referred by their doctor xx

Prior to my op I have had quite a few personal trainers over the years. I think it depends if u need to be pushed for motivation. The fact ive got great clothes to fit into is no longer a fantasy motivates me yo get on my treadmill daily. Having watched "I used to be fat " I can see the value of a trainer. Good luck :)

I would agree that if you can afford it - go for it!

I have a PT that I see twice a week. He is excellent for many reasons. I never do the same workout twice with him. We are always doing something different, one day it will be boxing, another it will be gym balls, medicine balls, spinning, weights - all sorts! He is very motivating, encouraging me to push myself harder than I do on my own and squeezing that extra rep out of me. He is also an absolute mine of information. Health and fitness are his passion and he admits to being something of a geek about it, always reading and learning about it. So for someone like me who sees exercise as means to an end and something to be endured rather than enjoyed, it's great to have an expert on my side. We get on really well and he's always trying to get me to write a blog about it so he can see the perspective of someone who really has no competitive streak and hates getting sweaty.

I have been learning a lot about my body through exercise, with the help of my PT and it is something I have come to see as an essential part of my journey. I will never be a Gym Bunny but by God I will be thin!

Back