• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My First 10 Mile Bike Ride

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
So I am all set the bike is on the car, the Ipod is charged and I am taking in fluid.

So whats that all about, I have decided to set myself a goal today and give myself a boot up the backside, and hopefully boost my weight loss from just losing or adding 1lb each week, as it is at the moment and I am aiming to do my first 10 mile bike ride today.

I'm not saying I will be able to do it without stopping or anything, but if I achieve 10 miles today I will be so happy with myself.

I have chosen a nice local attraction area to ride around, called Ferry Meadows, as you get a lot of other cyclists around there, all different shapes and sizes.

Wish me luck, I am going to need it lol

I will update you all later.

Miss Tickle

Fantastic Gary- hope you have a great day out. Did you get the all clear to get on your bike though? I thought we had to wait till 12 weeks post op ?

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
No my surgeon said as long as I took it easy I could get on it from about week four, if there was any niggles, then pack it in, but I have been doing short rides building upto about 4 miles and no aches or pains at all, dont worry if I feel i cant do it I wont be pushing myself, I will get the train back to the car lol

Jen1961

Is on her way!
Good luck Gary :)

penguina

Congratulations Gary well done, I can't ever imagine 10 miles without a car! I am surprised your rump isn't hurting as well as your hands though.

Keep up the good work buddy x

Miss Tickle

Fantastic. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. I think I'll start looking out for a second hand exercise bike now then and start building up on that before I hit the streets ( well-park as I'm traffic phobic!). It's nothing like as pleasurable as riding your real bike is it, but I need to train those muscles before I try a ride. My biggest fear is hills. Even little short ones. I never could do them !

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Its fairly flat around this park, just two bridges to cross, one goes down then up, so if you pick up some speed you don't need to worry, but the other one is a killer, it didn't matter which gear I chose, it just wouldn't get up there, unless I stood on the pedals and pedaled up it.

And I done 7 laps of the circuit, so after about 4 laps I was dreading it lol

vonny

well done your doing fab wish i could do something like that, im not allow to exercise yet as i have kidney probs but i do walk about 6 miles every few days weather permitted lol. Congrates again xxx

Jrichard

Gary I have to say I have a huge amount of admiration for you. 10 miles, that is bloody amazing! I feel inspired to buy a bike, maybe I will catch you up.................................. By Christmas!

Julie