• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is thinking like this normal ??

BlueDiamond

Hi guys and gals.

As most of u know I am due to get my decision in just under 2 weeks (15th Jan) and I been chatting to my good pal Sarah and we been chatting about my appointment etc, and all I keep saying to myself is that the surgeon will say no to me. I never met him before but I honestly think he will automatically dismiss me , is this normal to think that? Just wondering if anyone else has thought like this, Sarah and I been talking about the pro's and con's of comorbidities and Bmi's etc and I fit all the criteria and have the backing of the psychicatric, but for some strange reason I think he gonna say no. Any thoughts/opinions would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks and all the best - MeJulie x x

I always think the worst too hun, it's a defence mechanism isn't it;).If you think you fit all the criteria for your pct though, it's prob gonna be a a yes, so try to think positive, even though it's hard, and good luck xxx:D:D

Yeah i was convinced mine would say no....but they didnt, they made the decision in July had my op 4 weeks ago....try and think positive its obvious from ur stats ur committed!

most of us think this way julie, im sure it shall be fine, good luck and let us know how things go x

liz x

I was convinced the surgeon was going to say no and it was made worse when I was told I need to see a psych. I thought they'd say it would be totally inappropriate for me to have surgery. Even now I have a surgery date, I'm conviced someone will say that it's not happening. So I think what you're thinking is totally normal.

Yeah i was convinced mine would say no.... he probably wishes he had lol.xx

Julie i believe in being optomistic and positive. my only doubt was with my PCT as to weather they would fund it but other than that i believe that being positive presents confidence and if you go in there confident he will see how much this means to you.
hth
carole

Back