• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

reflux

michee

Apologies if I haven't posted in the correct discussion!

I am very early in my journey and I have been reading and reading about all the different procedures pro's and con's etc. Especially as I suffer from wicked reflux, indigestion,trapped wind etc.

I was wondering if any of you lovely people could share any of your experiences relating to reflux after surgery?

I have my first seminar in a few weeks and I am totally open minded as to which surgery will work best for me as I think all the procedures are effective.

But the decider for me will be the procedure which will cause the least reflux!!!!

Thank you lovelies xxx

Hi I had chronic reflux for year and as result was on omeprazole for years sine surgery only 15 days post -op no problems have reduced my omeprazole and was advised to have bypass due to history of reflux xx so I guess you just need to talk to surgeons who can best advise you x

I used to get reflux occasionally but since surgery I've never had it. My surgeon fixed a hernia I didn't know I had at the time of surgery which I suspect has something to do with the change

I used to get reflux occasionally but since surgery I've never had it. My surgeon fixed a hernia I didn't know I had at the time of surgery which I suspect has something to do with the change
omg me too had hiatus hernia repair so much for gps saying it was due to my weight um hernia prob main cause x

I developed gastric band induced silent reflux. It became unbearable so have had a revision to a mini gastric bypass MGB. I was advised against a sleeve because of the reflux. I am 10 weeks post op and still on a high dose of Omeprazole (80mg daily). No problems so far unless I try to reduce my dose but plan to keep trying to get it down to 40mg which is the level I have require lifelong.

Hth

snap I have a hiatus hernia too .Thanx for your replies I've read loads of stuff about reflux and weight loss surgery but I just wanted some "real life" experiences as this sometimes differs to the media hype!!! Xxxxx

I'm exactly the same as Weegie. Surgeon worked pretty hard to convince me not to have the sleeve as my revision choice so I went for MGB, so glad I did now. I cannot imagine how upset I would have been to have the sleeve and still live with awful reflux. The only way to go after that is bypass anyway I think.

Apologies if I haven't posted in the correct discussion!

I am very early in my journey and I have been reading and reading about all the different procedures pro's and con's etc. Especially as I suffer from wicked reflux, indigestion,trapped wind etc.

I was wondering if any of you lovely people could share any of your experiences relating to reflux after surgery?

I have my first seminar in a few weeks and I am totally open minded as to which surgery will work best for me as I think all the procedures are effective.

But the decider for me will be the procedure which will cause the least reflux!!!!

Thank you lovelies xxx

I'm not an expert as I've not had mine yet, but from what I've heard from other people, the band is the worst one for reflux.

I had really bad reflux for over 10 years, I had a bypass in February, and now no longer have it! From my research pre surgery, the band or sleeve were not a good idea when you have reflux.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back