• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this normal?

Jacala73

Well the title says it all really.

I'm having a bypass on Tuesday and I'm currently on the milk diet which is going surprising well. My husband has commented how much I'm NOT moaning about lack of chocolate, cake etc.

However, my emotional state about the op is like a pendulum. Coming home from work just now I had a mad 5 minutes when I thought about what happens if I die on the table, yet other times I'm so excited that this is the start of a new chapter for me and my family.

Please, is this normal or is this something deeper like I'm not actually head-ready for the op yet?

Thanks

Jacala73 x x

Sounds totally normal to me! You're bound to have doubts but i have to say I have never looked back after the first week post-op. No regrets - it has changed my life in ways I couldn't have imagined. All the very best for your op xxx

It's your bodies normal psychological reaction..it's the flight or fight mode..don't worry! Your head is one minute realising that there is a potential threat to your life by having surgery and sends out a warning. Just count down to the big day..yes you will be thinking what the hell am I doing as you get your surgical stockings on but go for it!! X

Bless ya - that's totally normal! I was swinging from ecstatic to terrified right up until my anesthetic! But try and take deep breaths and think about what it will mean for your future. You are going to be healthy and less at risk from weight-related illnesses. You're going to be the person you want to be inside and out.

Good luck :) x

Totally normal!! I'd be more worried if you weren't like that to be honest :!
Just acknowledge those feelings as normal but focus on the positives and you'll get through it.
Good luck x

Thank you. I'm defo counting the days as I finished at work today. Only need to drink milk until 3pm Monday.

I'm sure it's nothing to do with liver shrinkage and all to do with being really grateful for a mouthful of soup afterwards!

Jacala73

Back