• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this normal? Advice please!

lornipops

Had my gastric sleeve opp last Sunday and have been in quite a lot of pain from wind and one of the portholes. I was on morphine for this but have now moved to tramadol.
I'm improving each day however I appear to have lost sensation of when I need to pass urine, I go each time I get up for a walk but it takes a lot of effort.
I also have no feeling of if I need to 'go for a number2' I can't feel anything. I haven't been since morning of opp and am aware this can be quite normal, but it's the loss of sensation that is worrying me. Could it just be from the anesthetic?
If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it, thanks

I can't remember having that so would definitely 'second' Bally's sentiments and give your team a buzz when they are in xx

It may be the anaesthetic or your pain relief affecting your bladder lornipops. Tramadol is a cns suppressant, so it may be blocking the messages going to your bladder. If it hasn't got any better in a week or so, or after reducing your pain relief, give your team a ring and speak to the bariatric nurse :)

Thanks for your suggestions, will give it a few days and reduce pain as it eases if not better by next week I'll ring the nurse :)

Back