• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this a good thing?

SacredSilence

Peter Facinelli & I
I hope it`s ok to post this here as the area of the board I usually post on is extremely quiet.

I have just spoken to my Dr as I gave in photos to her a couple of weeks ago for her to send to my PCT to apply for funding for a TT and wasn`t sure she`d received them. She assured me that she had but that it had taken awhile because the PCT ask for EVERYTHING and that I had such a HUGE file with all my medical history to send in so it took awhile to gather everything together :eek:

Do you think this is a good thing that I have such an extensive history? Or would it not make much difference? Or even be a bad thing?? :confused:

My history relevant to the surgery would be that I have had four children, Two major abdominal surgeries - One whilst I was 16 weeks pregnant with my youngest as I had a ruptured appendix and a tumour (which they found when they opened me up) and then major weight loss over the last yr and a half, two years which has left my tummy in an horrendous state.

I honestly don`t think they will approve funding with all the cutbacks that are going on at the moment :( But it`s so hard waiting for the decision in writing :(

I don`t know anyone who has applied for funding from Surrey PCT for a TT to ask how long it takes for a decision :( I only know of a friend who has had a bypass (she is actually at my Drs!) but they wanted her to have it, not the other way round afaik.

Sorry for the novel, Hope this makes sense, I often don`t :rolleyes::8855:

Hello Angel,
I would say that since the history is there and if it's a vehicle for you to have your TT then I would share it... it's unlikely they'll accept the request without it by the sound of it.

You sound like a very genuine case to me and I do hope that this is the view that the PCT will take.

The very best of good luck to you...

Love and hugs xxx

Sorry I cant really help as I have no idea how it all works, but I wouldnt think your history would be a bad thing, especially stomach surgeries would add to the plus side I would say :D Good Luck XX

Hello Angel,
I would say that since the history is there and if it's a vehicle for you to have your TT then I would share it... it's unlikely they'll accept the request without it by the sound of it.

You sound like a very genuine case to me and I do hope that this is the view that the PCT will take.

The very best of good luck to you...

Love and hugs xxx

Thankyou for the reply x I was just worried that as I have such a "HUGE file" it would put them off. I do meet all my PCTs criteria afaik and was well under the required BMI when I saw my Dr - My PCT states BMI of 30 or under and mine was 27.

I am still officially overweight though, So am not sure if that would be a problem :( My Dr weighed me as 11st 9lbs and my "healthy weight" would be 10st 10lbs

When I had my abdo surgery whilst pg, They also had to rupture my bladder to get at the tumour and appendix as they had to go "around" my little one so I was also worried that they may say I`ve had too much abdo surgery already? I think I read somewhere that they don`t like to operate too much?

Anyway, I`m rambling again :rolleyes: lol

Thanks again, I hope things are well with you Xxxxx

Sorry I cant really help as I have no idea how it all works, but I wouldnt think your history would be a bad thing, especially stomach surgeries would add to the plus side I would say :D Good Luck XX

Thankyou so much for the reply x I won`t go on as I`ve just rambled away at Beverlie :eek:

Xxxx

Sorry I can't offer much in the way of advice. But I would have thought a tummy tuck being so superficial surgery rather than deep, your previous surgery wouldn't be an issue.

Anyhow feel free to ramble and I hope you get good news.
Grace xxx

Sorry I can't offer much in the way of advice. But I would have thought a tummy tuck being so superficial surgery rather than deep, your previous surgery wouldn't be an issue.

Anyhow feel free to ramble and I hope you get good news.
Grace xxx

Thanks Grace x

I was just a bit worried incase they used my previous surgery as a reason not to approve funding. My tummy is well and truly FUBAR so I expect it would need the muscles correcting and that I would need a full TT.

I`m not medical though, So I could just be talking out my backside :rolleyes: LOL

Xx

I dont know anything about TT's hun but i wish you all the luck in the world and i really hope you get the decision very soon and its all in your favour, keep us all posting and you feel free to ramble as much as you like, this is what the sites for, for help and support :) x

Thanks sweetie x

And thanks for all your help looking up my PCT bla and all your advice on Facebook, You`re a star Xxxx

I`m glad things have improved for you with your band *hugs Xxxxxx

Back