• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think I need to sit down...

That's a really good attitude to have :) I hope the tests come out clear for you and your brother. Regardless of the outcome, when your kids are older I would speak to them about the family history so they don't have the same shock you did.

That's a really good attitude to have :) I hope the tests come out clear for you and your brother. Regardless of the outcome, when your kids are older I would speak to them about the family history so they don't have the same shock you did.

Once they are a bit older 12/13 I guess I will start talking to them about it, telling them that its really important they make healthy choices. I dont want to freak them out but by then they will be old enough to be choosing what they eat more and more and whether they skip gym class or not... so If I start telling them then, then hopefully they will remember it when important things happen when they are older, like being offer cigarettes or drugs and alcohol.

I talk to my 9 year old about making healthy choices. So we were in Asda, and I decided to get her an OH a mcd's and something more...foodlike for myself as a one off. So she ordered a happy meal and told me she was going to have a salad too to make it healthy! Gotta love kids. The healthy choice message can be done from right now, but agree you should wait until they're old enough to understand.

They do the healthy eating, and often they will tell me that they had chips last night so they cant have them tonight or something similar to that! They soon change their minds when they want crisps or chocolate though haha

We try to tell them that they can eat whatever they want, they just cant do it all the time. Chips are fine once or twice a week. They are allowed chocolate but not every day e.t.c

Back