• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long to wait for a decision - Realistically?

SacredSilence

Peter Facinelli & I
Hey all x

I seem to be going down the route for funding slightly different from everyone else?

My GP referred me for a TT and told me that I would receive an appt in the post to go and have my photos taken at the hospital but about a week later I received a letter from her stating that the PCT were happy for me to supply my own photos and for me to send some in.

She should have received these a week ago, And I am presuming she would then have to send them to a PS for his/her decision on whether they feel a TT is appropriate then they would have to send their report along with the photos to the PCT for a decision? Is this right? Or is it that my GP will send them directly to the PCT for a decision?

I have already prepared myself to be turned down even though my GP has told me I do meet the criteria as I know at the end of the day, It all comes down to money. But I loathe the waiting! And wondered how long realistically I should expect to wait before getting a reply.

Sorry for the ramble, Hope it makes sense!

LiSe Xx

i know what you mean i hate waiting im waiting for my first appointment for wls i really dont know how long it will take for your reply didnt want to read and run hope you hear soon x

Hi There,

This time round I have been waiting for 5 months to get to where I am now.:sigh: I started this particular application and have had sessions with a psychologist and am now waiting for my appointment date with a psychiatrist for an evaluation. I had my report sent to the PCT and my application came back stamped as approved but my psychologist thinks the evaluation is something that's just needed for the paperwork to say they've followed all the steps. No one's mentioned anything to me about photographs though...:confused:

No idea I'm afraid, but I didn't want to read & run...I'll keep an eye on this thread though because one day in the next couple of years I'll probably be going down this same route so it will be interesting to see what the general consensus is. Wishing you lots of luck in getting successful funding & hope you don't have to wait too long xxx

Thanks so much for your replies x

I popped into the drs today to book an appt for my son so asked what happens next while I was there. The receptionist had a look at my notes and said she could see that my GP had contacted the PCT and written to me but there was nothing further on there :sigh: I don`t know if that means my photos have gone walkies or if she has sent them in and is waiting for a response before updating my notes or hasn`t had time to update them or what :confused: The person I need to speak to about it isn`t in until Monday, So I will ring then.

I am 99.9% sure I will have my funding refused now as NHS Surrey have adopted a new programme called the "Fast, Steady, Stop" -

BBC News - NHS Surrey stops funding new IVF courses

I know I have been referred for medical reasons rather than cosmetic (I keep getting infections along my section scar and now in my tummy button where the skin hangs over it) but I am convinced they will see it as a low priority and will say no :cry:

Emdubs, Good luck with your counselling and application for funding. I hope things come through for you soon x

Good luck to everyone else trying to get funding

-hugs-

Xxx

Back