• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IS THIS NORMAL??

callmebubbles

Hi there, I had my lap band fitted on Monday, came home yesterday and since then I have been unable to keep anything down, even just very small sips of water. Is this normal, I'm worried that I am getting no fluids in me at all, and just keep bringing up frothy spit like stuff. I would welcome any advice??

I dont want to worry you but no that doesnt sound normal at all. I would suggest you go to A&E to get checked over, if you havent been able to keep fluids down you run the risk of becoming dehydrated.

Take care and let us know how you get on x

this is most likley due to swelling this happened to me after my 1st band was fitted the reason being for me is they gave me a infill during my op and with that and the swelling it closed me up, id get checked out it may be a diff reason to mine but get checked asap, they may want to keep you in to re hydrate you on a adrip, please let us know how you get on x

i hope you get sorted as quick as possible.. xxx good luck

im glad its been sorted i thought thats what they would do, i had a sneaky suspicion they had infilled you during the op x

Hi Liz, I can not believe what a difference it made. I am dreading having mine filled now, if thats what it could end up like. Even with nothing in it, its still a struggle to get yogurt and get soup down. I just feel so full and not hungry, I have never ever experienced this feeling before!!!! Probably why I got so big lol!!!

its normal when the swelling goes down normal eating will resume and restriction will be met by small infills eachtime, infills shouldnt really be given during ops in my opinion as a infill and op swelling closes the tummy it happened to me too, you willbe just fine now they de filled you x

Back