• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this normal

Slimslo

Hi all, i have been so busy and have not had a chance to post for a while. Xmas, work, Life hey....
I had my op on the 28th August 2010 and had a fill 6 weeks later which did nothing much as i was eattng just as much 2 weeks ago i had my second fill which topped my 10ml band to 7.5ml. Since then i have definately noticed a difference i am not very good wth foods such as bread, beef, pork, potatoes , chips that kinda stuff but are able to eat well cooked oats porridge, fluids, can only take half a sandwich of that. But my concern is that when i eat i feel this discomfort in my chest which almost feels like i can feel myself digesting my food and feel it move within.... sometimes it feels better to throw up as the discomfort is horride.

i feel like i would like to burp but unable to and just wanted some pointers from those of u who have expericenced this and what could i be doing wrong, currently i am living on Diet chef liquid meals and oats in the morning as these are comfortable for me. I could not believe it when today a collegue went to mc d's (my favourite) asked if i wanted a thing and i said no thats ok as i thought about the possible discomfort and thought actually the discomfort aynt really worth it,

I have lost some weight though 19 pounds since surgery....

thanks for all your responses please feel free to share as much as u can,

:eek:

Hi there, I can't tolerate any type of meat, bread, pasta ,rice or eggs since my band. I think the uncomfortable feeling you are having is either you have eaten a little too much so there's pressure on your tiny pouch OR you may have eaten a bit too quick. As slow as we eat sometimes its not quite slow enough. (Trust me I have done it myself and still do at times lol). I now eat with a teaspoon so I don't put too much food in my mouth and I always try to imagine how small my new tummy is and look at the food I'm eating. Even though it does'nt look much on the plate it really is a lot for our pouch to take. Take it easy for a while and see if any of this makes a difference. If not you may find your band is a little too tight. See how it goes and if it still keeps happening then ring your team and ask them to see you and discuss a little defill. Good luck sweetheart xxx

Hi all, i have been so busy and have not had a chance to post for a while. Xmas, work, Life hey....

Hello and Welcome back

I had my op on the 28th August 2010 and had a fill 6 weeks later which did nothing much as i was eattng just as much 2 weeks ago i had my second fill which topped my 10ml band to 7.5ml. Since then i have definately noticed a difference i am not very good wth foods such as bread, beef, pork, potatoes , chips that kinda stuff but are able to eat well cooked oats porridge, fluids, can only take half a sandwich of that.

I know of plenty of ppl *me included* where are food changes once we have had band/restriction, this is par for the course with a lap band.

But my concern is that when i eat i feel this discomfort in my chest which almost feels like i can feel myself digesting my food and feel it move within.... sometimes it feels better to throw up as the discomfort is horride.

This could either be....1, possibly overeating on ur meals, 2, not chewing your foods enough, 3, taking in too much wind, or 4 your band is too tight. As for the discomfort in ur chest , Mine feels like a tightening in my chest like someone is sitting on it ( best way I can describe it tbh, lol) is a sign that u have reached restriction ( enough food) and should end ur dinner/lunch/brekkie once u learned to master that the need to *chuck up* will dissapear, because ur eating too much that will make u feel like wanting too *chuck up* because your over full but in ur chest area ( hope this makes sense) wot it is because ur stomaches restriction is higher up in the chest cavity rather then futher down below.

i feel like i would like to burp but unable to and just wanted some pointers from those of u who have expericenced this and what could i be doing wrong, currently i am living on Diet chef liquid meals and oats in the morning as these are comfortable for me. I could not believe it when today a collegue went to mc d's (my favourite) asked if i wanted a thing and i said no thats ok as i thought about the possible discomfort and thought actually the discomfort aynt really worth it,

If you learn to listen to your body and learn when its telling you your full, you wont need to stay on liquid meals and wd on staying off mcd's (yuck cant stand it) lol - all the best

Well done on your weight loss xx

I had my op on the 28th August 2010 and had a fill 6 weeks later which did nothing much as i was eattng just as much 2 weeks ago i had my second fill which topped my 10ml band to 7.5ml. Since then i have definately noticed a difference i am not very good wth foods such as bread, beef, pork, potatoes , chips that kinda stuff but are able to eat well cooked oats porridge, fluids, can only take half a sandwich of that. But my concern is that when i eat i feel this discomfort in my chest which almost feels like i can feel myself digesting my food and feel it move within.... sometimes it feels better to throw up as the discomfort is horride.

Hi , thank you so much for your response it all makes sense and will learn to listern to my body. I must get it write ...... will i continue to loose weight or is this when it all goes up in flames and it slows down???

Hi there, I can't tolerate any type of meat, bread, pasta ,rice or eggs since my band. I think the uncomfortable feeling you are having is either you have eaten a little too much so there's pressure on your tiny pouch OR you may have eaten a bit too quick. As slow as we eat sometimes its not quite slow enough. (Trust me I have done it myself and still do at times lol). I now eat with a teaspoon so I don't put too much food in my mouth and I always try to imagine how small my new tummy is and look at the food I'm eating. Even though it does'nt look much on the plate it really is a lot for our pouch to take. Take it easy for a while and see if any of this makes a difference. If not you may find your band is a little too tight. See how it goes and if it still keeps happening then ring your team and ask them to see you and discuss a little defill. Good luck sweetheart xxx

Thank you so much for your message i will try the spoon method and behave more lady like around food as i think this might be a problem

Hi , thank you so much for your response it all makes sense and will learn to listern to my body. I must get it write ...... will i continue to loose weight or is this when it all goes up in flames and it slows down???

Once you have got proper restriction and stick too the rules there isnt any reason why you should not be able to continue too lose weight, Only you know how u feel restriction wise and if the band is doing its job, Just follow the rules your provider gave you and remember its still very early days for you and not forgetting u have lost nineteen pounds already, I had my band fitted in july and have not lost that much ( not that I am counting) every one loses at all different rates/speeds according to how much they have too lose etc.......all the best xx

you look fantastic in your pics and you HAVE lost loads of weight surely it must be more that what u have your stats.... i think i have good restriction i guess i have good restriction its just my behavior around food. I need to get some straw to drink liquids as think i swallow alot of air and the fact that i smoke does not help my situation does it... you should be in bed!!!

I need to get some straw to drink liquids as think i swallow alot of air and the fact that i smoke does not help my situation does it... you should be in bed!!!

I am a midnight owl - hoot hoot lol

I was always informed not too drink through a straw.....something too do with taking too much air in or wind bubbles or summit........

But my concern is that when i eat i feel this discomfort in my chest which almost feels like i can feel myself digesting my food and feel it move within.... sometimes it feels better to throw up as the discomfort is horride.

I get the urge to burp too. I often try but cannot because it's food that I am trying burp up not air.

I can't offer any practical advice as I'm not sure what to say but I wanted to empathise and let you know what you're having isn't unusual.

Blue diamond-Me Julie has given you some really good advice. :)

Well done on the brilliant weight loss so far.

Back