• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need some help ASAP Please

claire36uk

Hi All

I am posting this for a friend of mine who is banded, She last night went for a band fill and i went with her, she had 5 1/2 in her band and they took her up to 7 1/2, after she had it filled she was to sit in the waiting room and drink 2 small cups of water before being allowed to go home. She was experiencing burping even when she was taking small sips and started bringing up the barium that she had to drink through the procedure, they called her in and took out 1/2ml but then there was no restriction at all so they put the 1/2 back in. I have been txting her this morning, as she cant speak on the phone for burping all the time and she hasnt drank since 9pm last night and was vomitting a frothy kind of phleym up and she feels really ill, she says since she has woke up she is burping every few mins and the frothy phleym is still coming up, is this normal? I didnt experience this when i had mine done but i know all banders are different, could you please comment ASAP so i can help get her sorted please X

I've been having that problem this week...sounds like it's too full and also the vomiting is maybe keeping it agitated.
Get her to keep sipping fluids but mainly get back and have a little taken out I would say.
I have been on liquids to try and soothe my system but if it doesn't pass then I am going to have to get a slight defill.

You're welcome hun, I am able to get fluids down so I am going to hang on...if she can drink freely today perhaps she'll be OK. I would definately encourage her to ring her provider and keep them posted just to be on the safe side. However, it might just be she needs to go on fluids for a couple days and then go slowly back to solids..a bit like a couple pre-op regime days to allow her band area to calm down a bit. xxx

With our provider we have to do liquid diet for 3-7 days anyway, the guy that did the band fill yesterday did say that she could be tighter in the morning and to be very careful till 11am after she has woken up, but i am concerned about the frothy side of things, she has promised me she is going to let me know by 2pm how she is and then if no better we're going back to Birmingham to get her sorted as we know they are doing late appointments tonight for band fills, hopefully she will be settled down by then bless her x

Hi Claire

Hope your friend has managed to get sorted! poor thing, she must of been scared x

Am with Maz, i hope your friend gets sorted or feels a little better today. How very worrying for you both xxx

I have 6 and a half in my band and i must admit i was worried at first that it was too tight but after a couple of days it settled down.

Iv got just the right restriction now.

sallie

This is a bad sign that the band is waaaaaaaaaaay to tight for her. You should be able to drink fluids freely with no worries.

Imagine if she tried mushy or solids?

Tell her to go back asap as it can cause damage and prevent weightloss.

Stop dithering about and act - NOW - its urgent!

I think unless its a massive coincidence this lady was at my clinic waiting for a defill...... she had the same thing and had been vomiting everything back up since the fill the night before and was back in. hope all is well :)

Think you're right Bully cos you're Heartlands and am sure Claire said it was there...

Hope things are easier now for her x

Oh goodness. Sounds like some good advice has been given on here already. Hope your friend gets the band sorted quickly.

Back