• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this normal

juliagulia

Ate about half a scrambled egg, I'm new to mushy foods... After eating half I felt pressure under my breast bone. It went away after a lil, I did take one sip because I felt it was stuck. I can't believe I stayed full for 6+hrs

I had the same issue with scrambled eggs, I got the same pain. In fact I had to go and bring it back up as it was to uncomfortable. Tried it again a few weeks later and same thing. Apparently it has something to do with the texture....I now make boiled eggs, mix them in a cup and eat my egg like that and have no issues at all. Very strange and to me scrambled egg should be easy to digest but seems many people have this issue.

I have been on 'soft' food for the past week.
I have milky porridge for breakfast but seem to have OCD re home made cottage pie, made with quorn. I have been having cottage pie with carrots, cottage pie with mushy peas, cottage pie with mushy sprouts for lunch and dinner....I really think that I need to try other food now as can't live on cottage pie forever!!!
The nutritionalist told me a could try scrambled egg...maybe I should try that for my dinner tonight.
What's the best way to make it, in a pan or microwave?

Jxx

Either but not to dry some of us find it sticks others it's fine. For me scrambled eggs are fine but impedes I struggle with I need to try boiled and poached now I can have bread as I love poached egg on toast or toast soldiers in my dippy eggs.

I do it in the mircrowave, as one egg is so small to get a pan our for LOL. I am going to try my first omelette tonight. :eek:

Its something you have to chew really well.Do a scrambled egg with a little cottage cheese added and dont overcook it.Then mash with your fork.The cheese keeps it moist and its more protein!

I had one slightly over cooked... Not good going down. Then I made one with milk and slightly undercooked... So delicious. Also today I made a small can of tuna fish with a lil mayo and it went down very well!

I still struggle with eggs and bread now 8 months on. Eggs go threw me like a porsh and bread sticks and bunts me up

Back