• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this pain normal????

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
Hi everyone.

I am in such pain and am hoping someone can shed some light on whats going on.

I had my surgery almost 2 weeks ago - 2 weeks tomorrow, and everything was going perfectly with my healing. Very sore on my left but have been told over & over that this is perfectly normal.

On Thursday I was having a great day & felt so good so I was up & about, pottered about a little, had a shower & even shaved my legs.

Since then, I have developed the most agonising pain on my left, but it only hurts when I am standing. If I am sitting or lying down it's not there, but when I stand, walk or lean forward it literally feels like I'm being stabbed, it takes my breath away & makes me cry it's so bad!!

Other than this, everything is going really well. I'm healing perfectly. But this pain is getting no better & my god it huuuurts!!!!

Has anyone else experienced this much pain on their left after surgery?

xx

Emma,
As you know I can't offer any advice being pre-op but hope someone comes along soon to reassure you.
Sending gentle hugs
Leanne x

Thanks Leanne.
Gentle hugs is just what I need right now.
How's your Christmas tree?
Colin did ours with me sat right next to him telling him exactly where to put everything - he did a great job bless him
xx

it sounds dreadful, could it be trapped air ? I believe if you have the surgery laproscopically the gases they use to pump up the abdomen during surgery can settle in strange places. I'm sure someone who's had surgery will be along to reassure you soon.

Hi Em, Glad to hear form your text that you are taking it easy now!!
My tree is skinny but pretty!!
Leanne x

please get it checked - it may be nothing but it may also be a problem - it's always better to be sure that there's not a problem - even if it just puts your mind at rest x

Back