• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain Issues

aleyampat

Hi, everyone. Looking for opinions cause I know that everyone is different. My surgery was last Thursday. Came home last Saturday. In the hospital I had a morphine PCA (don't think it helped) and was supplemented with toradol every 6 hours (my best friend). I came home on percocet. I was taking 2 every 6 hours. Took away my pain almost completely and lasted about 5.5 hours. I was feeling great. But the percocet has run out. Tylenol isn't cutting it. What to do? I feel like I'm being one of those (sorry age group) whined ass 30-40 year olds who scream and get hysterical over pain while the 90 year old in the next bed says, "no honey, I'm perfectly fine."

I'm not quite a week out. So here's the opinion portion. I'm having what I would call a 7-8 pain on the left side below my breast and over my rib cage on the left side. This happens to be where my JP had been located. I'm going to call for more pain medicine in the morning cause this pain is going to keep immobile and I want NOTHING to put the brakes on my recovery. Did/does anyone else have this much pain 6 days out? I may just be crazy thinking I shouldn't still hurt this bad;( What are everyone else's experiences?

i would make a appointment with your gp as you may have a chest infection i did and i was in agony also your gp will be able to give you pain killers

Never compare youself to anyone else pain is an individual thing be in any age! i know i have low pain threshold and i make no appology for it.. you go see your gp and demand some drugs to make you feel more comfortable. In this day and age no one should be in bad pain what with all thats to offer and as the person above me said you may have an infection.. hope your on the mend soon xxx

Back