• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this weight gain expected

wrighty

I had my bypass on October the 29th and with that and my preop diet I have lost 41 pounds.
I was a little slower than some at getting on to solid food , now last week I put on a pound and this week I haven't lost any, although overall I have lost for a 11 week all told period.
I haven't changed anything I can think of.
Have any of you any thoughts on this please.

:thread_moved: moved from banders to bypassers section :)

Even after 8 weeks or so your body is still in mild shock from major surgery so I wouldn't worry too much xx

Hi my weight totally fluctuates. Don't worry about it. It will come off. I weigh myself daily and it had a major range in the first few months.
You sound like you are doing well! Stalls and small gains are normal but you will have an overall loss x

Thank you for your replies, I think maybe in the new year I will weigh myself monthly that gives my body time to catch up with the little hiccups.

Our bodies are funny things. We are told by the world that weight loss is a simple equation, eat less than you need and weight loss is inevitable. But in reality, its not linear, weight loss is more like going stairs. Your body has to have little rests before it takes the next step. And a pound or two (or even 4 or 5) does happen now and again, but its the overall trend that is important. I know it can freak you out at first, but just keep on following the plan, and you'll be fine

I have joined the slimming world local club as I still have stuck at my weight since the week prior to Christmas, I am now down to half a Weetabix for breakfast, half a banana and orange during the day half a weight watchers meal in the evening, a couple of melba toast before bed, I cannot tolerate chicken meat or fish looking at 500 calories a day and walking about 5 miles a day, still not losing anything, any constructive helpful advice will be good.

I don't think you are having enough! I honestly think you need to up your intake. Have you contacted your dietician?

I don't think you are having enough! I honestly think you need to up your intake. Have you contacted your dietician?

I agree with borogirl, it doesn't sound like you are eating enough and your body has gone into starvation mode where it hangs onto every bit energy store it can in fear of starving. You need to talk to your provider. Good luck.

Spoke with my provider today, and a big thank you to all who suggested that ! they felt it is too early to worry about anything and are aware I am a lot slower than some at tolerating food I will be seeing my dietician next week to have a chat, thanks again to all x

Back