• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is WLS the easy way out?

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Hell yeah!! I'm only four and a half weeks out, and i would never have been able to do this without my op. And all the people on this site, that have lost many many stones, they wouldn't have been able to either. I love my sleeve :)
Good luck to all the pre-oppers, you are gonna love it!!! hahaha :) xxx

Yvessa

Totally yes! But damned if I could have done it any other way. Respect to those who can.

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
My bypass has given me my life back:D

Anyone that is waiting or considering this route think long and hard, it really isn't an easy option, theres no going back and some days I would love to be able to do as I have in the past.....but I cant....thank goodness. Some days are difficult, but mostly you follow the rules, keep to the guidelines, listen to your body and hey presto suddenly food is not the most important all consuming thing you think about any more.

Well done Caren its great that you are finally on your way

On the whole I love my bypass, I wont say I wish I'd done it years ago because I'm not sure I was ready before....good luck to all:)

stubad

is wls the ONLY way out?

Bellydancer57

Mmm interesting question. I didn't think it was the easy way out. Definitely not the only way out. I found the process of researching, making the decisions & the pre op hoops you have to jump through very hard. The op & post op have surprisingly been very easy for me dispite my initial problems of allergies. I feel I have slotted into my post op life fairly easily & the weight loss has given me a new lease of life. So for me it was a 'game if 2 halves' hard then easier. I too love my sleeve & have never had this type of weigh loss success before even with much more hard work.

Yvessa

I have to be honest here. Early days I would have said no. But now definitely. So many of my health problems are gone or so much better. And what do I do to get this? Eat what I want. Okay, so yes we have to stick to the rules and I do, but I've been so much stricter with myself on diets and the heartache of being so big and not finding anything else that worked for me was much harder to live with then post op life. So for me, it is the easy way out. And also for me, it was the only way out. And I do feel a bit of a failure for it, but I had no options left.

Bellydancer57

You are soooo NOT a failure. This is another choice & method for weight loss. You have chosen it & it is successful. How can you be a failure? I think that by choosing this method we are actually very brave in some ways.

Yvessa

I am very much a class A personality so I will always feel a bit failurey for not being able to do it the diet and exercise way. But I don't beat myself up about it, I accept it as part of my journey.

Bellydancer57

Good because you need a pat on the back not a beating. X

shelleymarie

Having lost a large amount of weight without surgery (yep put it back on) and now doing it the surgery way I'd definitely say it isn't the easy way out. The amount you lose happens in a much quicker time but you still have to cut out bad fats, too much sugar, alcohol, eat healthier options and portion sizes and get some exercise or either way doesn't work. I don't think either way is sustainable either if you don't work hard on your head issues with food whilst you are losing weight. As we always say it's a tool but the totally cool thing about wls is that it when you use it right you get twice the results than you would without it, and even though It's early days for me and I'm still having problems I wouldn't be with out it :) Yay for WLS :D x

Sarahmaria

Yvessa-some difference to your profile picture. U look fantastic!
X

Sarahmaria

(wish that was me in my avatar lol)

Karlos

WLS is the easy way to lose weight and keep it off. Anyone who thinks differently should ask why so many who previously failed miserably at every diet they tried, suddenly achieve fantastic success. Losing huge amounts of weight the natural way is exponentially harder than post surgery, and so much harder to maintain.

That said WLS is not easy. As has been said it's a for life decision that requires a huge amount of change and commitment in the individual and with the great gifts it brings there are sacrifices that have to be made if it is to deliver the required results. The rigmarole of post op life is far from easy, but as the lovely Caren and so many others have found the rewards are worth the charge.

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
WLS is the easy way to lose weight and keep it off. Anyone who thinks differently should ask why so many who previously failed miserably at every diet they tried, suddenly achieve fantastic success. Losing huge amounts of weight the natural way is exponentially harder than post surgery, and so much harder to maintain.

That said WLS is not easy. As has been said it's a for life decision that requires a huge amount of change and commitment in the individual and with the great gifts it brings there are sacrifices that have to be made if it is to deliver the required results. The rigmarole of post op life is far from easy, but as the lovely Caren and so many others have found the rewards are worth the charge.
Now aint that the truth!!!
Of course you have to make changes. The way i look at it is, ive been given a second chance here, theres no way im going to blow it by eating crap!! ive lost just under 3 stone in 6 weeks, i could never have done that before!! And i really enjoy my food now woop!! :) xxx

Last edited:

Caren

Love my sleeve!!