• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First appointment

judi2302

I can't believe it I have my first appointment and its for next Thursday. I can't believe this is happening to me,I never get anywhere with anything. Am I really gonna be slimmer one day? Am I, the girl who has been fat for all her life gonna be able to dress up and go out like all her friends, am I going to be able to do the garden without needing a crane to hoist me up when I've been kneeling down. Am I going to go out on a hot sunny day and take the dog for a walk without feeling like I'm going to faint. Am I going to be able to keep up with my friends when we are walking home from work without being too breathless to talk.

I know totally how you feel, in my life I have always been the one that gets the crap happening (cept from a mega good hubby and family) to her, I just seemed so unfortunate and nothing that I ever wanted came to me (kids, health etc) but my WLS turned out to be so straight forward and easy (as journeys go!) once I had jumped through all of the hoops. Now I am nearly seven months out from the surgery and I am so happy. All of those things you mention, yes, you will get them, you WILL be all of those good things.
I soooo feel for you with the never getting anywhere, so this is YOUR time, you will be very successful and more xx
Steph xx

Thanks Stephie, I am so excited I have to pinch myself. I know it isn't going to be easy and I still have to work hard but I have spoken to a few people who have had surgery and it works. Roll on Thursday.

Ill keep up with your journey if thats ok, see how you get on. If you need any advice Im here xx
Steph xx

Excellent news on your first appt. Where will you have your surgery and do you know what type you are leaning towards?

Thanks everyone, I am going to Shire Hospitals Murrayfield on the Wirral, I hope they will offer me Gastric Bypass but who knows. I am sure I will be on this site all the time looking for help and advice

Hi Jude, Welcome to the site. You have come to the right place for help and support. Good luck with your 1st appointment.

welcome and good luck!

hiya jude
wishing you all the best, am just like you just starting my journey am having the sleep test first as they rejected me for the obosity clinic but will trie again, i iwsh you the best perhaps one day i be lucky and slim

are you excited and nervous at the same time?? im rushing home from work everyday to see if there is a letter waiting for me... how long did it take you?

brilliant eh x my appointment is tuesday with dieticin and weight loss target! had pre appoint bloods taken - nurse was horrid!!! but not fussed with horrid people!

Its great when reading your post how excited you are. Hope everything goes really well for you. For everyone on here its like we've won the lottery or are about to :) good luck!! xxx

I know hwat you mean Joanne. You and me areat the same stage I think.

I am so impatient though. I am thinking about my WLS all the time. Hope they dont keep us waiting too long for our ops.

Cheers

Hi Joanne & welcome! Good luck for your first appointment...I know what you mean about waiting, but unfortunately, as I'm sure you will gather from reading all these wonderful posts, this process does appear to be a bit of a waiting game...believe me, no-one does anything in a rush, lol! Hope all goes well for you xx

Thanks every1. It will be great to have people at the same stage as support, i'm impatient too (can u tell) lol. Just hope we all have a happy ending xxx

Back