• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Items for hospital help plz?

Dizzy79

If anyone has had a tummy tuck already,what items are a must have to take into hospital? Pyjamas? Tracksuit pants? Any help would be great thank you x

Night shirt is better due to the drains.
Cycle shorts type support pants (knee to boobs) I've been told 24/7 for at least 6 weeks
and baggy clothes to wear going home due to swelling and dressing.
sorry for the rushed answer any thing else just ask

Thanks Hun,I've got a selection of things now I keep looking at things for summer too,thinking Ahhh I can't have that as its to short :( and I need to it cover my skin and then I remember it won't be here! Lol I've been told I go in on the 20th which is a sunday and op will be done on the 21st,I don't understand why you can't just go in on the day of it :/ I'm all panicky now to,trying to shift a few more sneaky pounds b4 it, I'm more concerned about theese drains I keep reading about,I can't stand things like that,and having them out sounds terrible :( x

I have decided not to buy anything new for a couple of months due to the swelling 3 weeks out I still can't wear most of my jeans only one or 2 pairs which were very baggy before. Don't expect to get into your skinny jeans for a while :(

The drains or milk bottles as I christened them are a pest but not painful and as I couldn't see where they went in they didn't worry me (I am such a whimp) :eek:
The only time they really bugged me was when I was just about to toddle off to the loo and forgot about them and they were dragging behind me :eek: :D But at least it gave the other ladies on the ward a giggle :D
The trick is to take a big breath in and breath out when they pull them out. If you get a good nurse or Dr taking them out they should tell you when to breath in and when to exhale.
I just happened to have a Dr who hadn't removed drains before and boy did the nurse tell him off and she did the second one and it was much better.

I went in at 11am on the morning and my surgery was started at 1.30 and I was on the ward at 6 o'clock

Back