• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its all over

blade

IM having the surgery YEAHHHHHHHH :happy036::happy036::needhug::dooney::banana dancer:

LoL

cant you tell im over the moon haha iv signed the paper just need to see the sleep guy then it will be my date :D

Woo hoo!
Im soo happy for you enjoy the sleep and we will see you on the other side

Best of luck, we've kept a spot on the loser's bench warm for you.

thanks all im wondering how its going to effect my life all i know is that im going to better and be mentally fit afterwards.
I know thats its going mentally challenging for the people around me im only young and cant wait to get this off me not just be a fitter healther person but to be able to enjoy life.

Well done Blade. This is fab news :) have you and the Dr decided what surgery as yet?

yes i wanted the sleeve and im getting the sleeve :D

the band was an option and i think the Y is a bit to drastic as many people have more complications later on.

i wanted the sleev as its more better in long run for me as i can keep liquid down better as i get thirsty now.

Exciting stuff!! I need to read up on the sleeve - I was sold on the bypass but after my appointment today I think sleeve might possibly be better.

yes i wanted the sleeve and im getting the sleeve :D

the band was an option and i think the Y is a bit to drastic as many people have more complications later on.

i wanted the sleev as its more better in long run for me as i can keep liquid down better as i get thirsty now.

Fab news for you! I am getting the sleeve in 24 more sleeps! Not that I am counting ha ha! Can't wait. I hope you get a date very soon
Jackie

I went for the RNY because I was told the sleeve isn't an option due to acid reflux (chronic coughing caused by silent reflux) and damage caused by the band.

After almost five months I haven't had any serious problems at all. Just post-op pain that everyone has, a damaged tendon in the left shoulder (that can happen during any surgery) and needing to take Omeprazol longer than anticipated and sometimes at a higher dose. None of that is serious. My iron levels are low and I'm taking supplements, my six month bloods will be taken next month.

I went for the RNY because I was told the sleeve isn't an option due to acid reflux (chronic coughing caused by silent reflux) and damage caused by the band.

After almost five months I haven't had any serious problems at all. Just post-op pain that everyone has, a damaged tendon in the left shoulder (that can happen during any surgery) and needing to take Omeprazol longer than anticipated and sometimes at a higher dose. None of that is serious. My iron levels are low and I'm taking supplements, my six month bloods will be taken next month.
Hi marcus. It's great you're doing so well.
I ticked off a sheet stating which medical problems I have in the past and which ones I haven't, I was told to tick any that I've ever suffered from even if they were only in pregnancy. Long story short I'd like to ask if sleeve is 100% an impossible option for me (though the team and surgeon have agreed on it) even though I've only suffered heartburn/ acid reflux during pregnancy?

Hi marcus. It's great you're doing so well. I ticked off a sheet stating which medical problems I have in the past and which ones I haven't, I was told to tick any that I've ever suffered from even if they were only in pregnancy. Long story short I'd like to ask if sleeve is 100% an impossible option for me (though the team and surgeon have agreed on it) even though I've only suffered heartburn/ acid reflux during pregnancy?

Ultimately it's down to your bariatric team but an indicator of 'silent' reflux is a cough that just doesn't go away. Best not to hide it as a sleeve can make it worse while a bypass can really improve things.

Hi marcus. It's great you're doing so well. I ticked off a sheet stating which medical problems I have in the past and which ones I haven't, I was told to tick any that I've ever suffered from even if they were only in pregnancy. Long story short I'd like to ask if sleeve is 100% an impossible option for me (though the team and surgeon have agreed on it) even though I've only suffered heartburn/ acid reflux during pregnancy?

I had a huge hiatus hernia and terrible reflux (controlled with long term omeprazole) and was told band, sleeve and mini bypass were all out of the question because of this. I had a bypass 6 months ago and so far so good...

Back