• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my initial consultation appointment-WLS group

Sarahmaria

Hi guys! Im a newbie here. Been reading the forum for a while tho. Heres a bit about how i ended up here.
Like a lot of people, iv been overweight since i was a child. Have ballooned steadily with every year. Currently weigh about 16 stone and im MISERABLE! L
Habe tried most diets going;
Weight watchers (lost a stone, gained 2)
Slimming world (lost stone and a half, lost motivation and gained 7lb back)
Lipotrim (lasted 2 days)
Boot camp (lost 8lb, put it back on as soon as i got home)
Slimfast (lasted 2 days)
Calorie counting (lost almost 2 stone, put it all on again)

And probably more i cant remember. Bascially im an awful dieter. I get so obsessed with food that it takes over my life. I cry if i eat a single biscuit during the diet and it throws me off completly for the rest of the week. Im pretty much the textbook case of overweight woman in her late 20s. My jobs horrifically stressful so i turn to food. im lazy when it comes to exercise and lately have become a bit of a recluse. I have PCOS, chafing thighs, high cholesterol and aching knees/back.

I NEED to do something about it. Came tothe conclusion few weeks ago that surgery is my only option. Its drastic, irreversible, slightly dangerous and costs money i dont have but i dont care. I sometimes feel life isnt worth living at thia weight. I clearly cant do it myself so i need this. Ive arranged an appointment with the wls group for next week with a view to getting a sleeve. Decided not to tell my family/friends/boyfriend about it just yet. Has anyone any words of advice/motivation? Is the wls group good? I was briefly looking at the surgeon ameen patel also as i lile the idea of slightly cheaper/maybe single incision however as im from ireland, aftercare with wls group in belfast may be handier. Any thoughts? Xox

Ps everyone on this forum is a complete inspiration. Its all very well moaning about problems but it takes a special person to do something about it!

Back