• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's been a while!

Blackcraig

Golly it's been a while since I last posted :rolleyes:

I had my band op on the 1/08/12 and everything was going well until they took the staples out. Within 24 hrs my wound was infected and I was in ER and had to be put on antibiotics. :cry:

It then took until the end of November for the wound to heal and for me to get my first fill. I've only had 2 fills so far but thankfully I am losing weight albeit very slowly.

I do have weeks where I will be ill part way through a meal no matter what I eat, but if I leave it an hour or so I can then try again with the same food and have no problem - bizarre LOL!

On the plus side I have dropped 2 dress sizes and can now walk for hours with my dogs instead of minutes. We are regularly walking 4/5 miles a day now :D At my last weigh in I had lost a total of 58lbs and according to my scales this morning I can add another 15lbs to that :)

Do I regret the op - never!!

Sorry to hear you've had a rough ride. Very many congratulations on your magnificent weight loss. Well done ! x

Well done on your weight loss.

I find it amazing that you still think the op was a good idea. I love the positive people on this forum.
I'm only 10 days post op and wish I hadn't done it. I am so sick of liquids and not eating with my family.
I should be grateful that I haven't had any complications..... I will try to be more positive.

Great to hear your positivity. It's a great help to being successful is a positive attitude. Well done so far x

Well done on your weight loss.

I find it amazing that you still think the op was a good idea. I love the positive people on this forum.
I'm only 10 days post op and wish I hadn't done it. I am so sick of liquids and not eating with my family.

Just look at it this way, 10 days is a tiny amount of time compared to the rest of your life. You will soon be eating with your family again, but you will be enjoying so many more things with them as you lose the weight :)

I guess because I'm further down the weight loss line I'm already feeling the benefits which are spurring me on. You're doing great - believe it :D

Many thanks Blackcraig.

I'm starting the mushy stage on Friday, so hopefully I will start feeling more human then!!

Well done blackcraig, two dress sizes down. What an achievement. And now that you are much better you are going to loss more weight. I am still doing my pre op diet and I hope to be like you guys some day.

Well done Debbie after what has been a difficult start - I hope that you're getting ok and on track with the band now tho? :)

Back