• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's Been A While

cah-ching

Hi Folks,

It's been a while hasn't it?

I haven't posted for a variety of reasons. Partly because I'm a bit down, partly because I've had nothing to talk about.

Well I'm back today - because I need a bit of help.

I've not lost weight and I'm a bit distressed by it. Actually it's been distressing me for a while, but I've tried to deal with it myself. However I don't think I can do it alone. Hence my being back here.

Just weighed myself a second ago - for the sake of telling you guys. I'm 294Ibs :cry:. I can't actually remember what I weighed at the beginning of this (may be someone can help? :rolleyes:) however 294Ibs isn't very good is it? 10th September and I'll be 5 months post op .... rubbish aren't I?

What should I do? Not sure about what I should be aiming to eat more or less of. Any help / answers on a postcard please?

Thank you. x

Hey CC.

been checking in on how yr doing with Hope but its great to see you posting again.

I'm sorry to hear you've been down & that the band isn't working for you (just yet anyway).

Can't help much as I'm still pre-op but I hope someone will be along to give you the best advice!

Take care of you & don't be a stranger.

Lotza love. xxxx

Hi Ca-Ching,

Can you refresh my memory, when did you have op? And how many fills have you had sweetie?

Sorry I sound so ignorant but I cannot remember what you weighed to start with so cannot gauge weather you are doing OK or not.

How is your eating going, what can you manage or not manage?

We are here to help...so I hope we can :)

hi ditzee,

Hope tells me you're always asking after me. I'm ok. Lots and lots going on behind the scenes with me so to speak.

In respect to the Band, not sure it's a case of the band not working for me - I think it's a case of me not working with the band and making the most of what it should be doing for me.

it's crazy, because people have said I look smaller (go figure?!!!) yet I'm not 21St. So I am obviously not doing something correctly and I need to get my act together - just not sure how.

I've 6.8ml in my band - I had a defill a few weeks ago because I was throwing up constantly. I'm wondering whether I was eating correctly back then? Now I can eat more or less normal portions of food - less than I could pre-op but a normal sized plate full. Oh I don't know! What I do know is - I need my hand holding a bit.

Good luck with your surgery Ditzee .. I notice it's this month. :)

Hi Ca-Ching,

Can you refresh my memory, when did you have op? And how many fills have you had sweetie?

Sorry I sound so ignorant but I cannot remember what you weighed to start with so cannot gauge weather you are doing OK or not.

I haven't read your response ... however I was secretly hoping you'd see my post. I was only saying the other day to a fellow poster that I really like you! No nonsense and full of good advice. :eek:

Right ... off to read ....

hi ditzee,

Hope tells me you're always asking after me. I'm ok. Lots and lots going on behind the scenes with me so to speak.

In respect to the Band, not sure it's a case of the band not working for me - I think it's a case of me not working with the band and making the most of what it should be doing for me.

it's crazy, because people have said I look smaller (go figure?!!!) yet I'm not 21St. So I am obviously not doing something correctly and I need to get my act together - just not sure how.

I've 6.8ml in my band - I had a defill a few weeks ago because I was throwing up constantly. I'm wondering whether I was eating correctly back then? Now I can eat more or less normal portions of food - less than I could pre-op but a normal sized plate full. Oh I don't know! What I do know is - I need my hand holding a bit.

Good luck with your surgery Ditzee .. I notice it's this month. :)

I'm sure there will be lots of people to hold yr hand for you babes... your certainly in the right place for the best advice!

This time next week I could very well be taking my place on the losers bench. :)

Hi CC, I think you answered your own question, if your band was too tight and upchucking, you were probably not getting the right balance of food in and this affected your weight loss.

Fingers crossed now you have had defill and can eat better, the weight will move again.

Remember proteins, then veg, then if you have room carbs and drink drink drink,,,,water that is :)

I am sure you will be OK now :) ;)

Hi Ca-Ching,

Right ... I've finished the arse-licking ...

I had my op on 10th April.
I was very ill after that, hospitalised etc. Then went away on holiday. So had my first fill around 16th June. I had 4.5mls put in.

Then I had another fill - up to ~6.0mls
Fill 3 - 7.5mls
Defill - 6.8mls (I think)

I think thats where I'm at ...

Foodwise - I'm not good with breakfast. Tend to skip it, band is always tight and I'm just not in the mood. I'm a tad lactose intolerant so currently I'm off eating cereals.

My skipping breakfast is aided by me going to the gym at about 8am ... then it's about 11am when I get back, so I'll have a protein shake and a piece of fruit - satsumas, blueberries (yuk!) and very occassionally apples (now scared of them) or slightly more occassionally bananas (yuk again).

Then my next proper meal is something else - which is more lunch like. On a very good day - lunch will be cottage cheese with pinapple or prawns, or raw spinach, tomatoes and those swedish crispbreads or crackers.
Bad day like the last few days ...... toast. I had toast yesterday for breakfast and lunch. This morning (I'm being brutally honest here .... I had two slices of white toast and a muller corner greek yoghurt) .... I bought a white loaf for the first time in 9 months ..... loving it, but now I realise it's probably extremely naughty.

Evening meal --- I bought one of those tiered steamers from Asda now live on steam veg and fish or chicken with bulgar wheat (prefer it to cous cous and seems healthier). Or instead of Bulgar wheat I'll have roasted sweet potato (staying away from white pots) with a tiny brush (rather than drizzle) of carotina oil. LOVED rice pre-op, try not to eat it so often these day ... although I did eat lots of rice over the weekend and the weekend has continued into this week with the guzzling of white bread. My birthday celebration lasted longer than anticipated.

I really want to hit the 19's (19 stones something park).

Hope that helps? I'm being honest ....

Thanks .....

Hi CC, I think you answered your own question, if your band was too tight and upchucking, you were probably not getting the right balance of food in and this affected your weight loss.

Fingers crossed now you have had defill and can eat better, the weight will move again.

Remember proteins, then veg, then if you have room carbs and drink drink drink,,,,water that is :)

I am sure you will be OK now :) ;)

Hiya,

the defill was almost 6 weeks ago. :(

I don't eat loads but I can eat a normal plate - not filled sky hight like the olden days.

Also, can I ask ... when I've over eaten I get pain in my port region - anyone else have this?

Also I've been exercising and weight training like a maniac.... ok not quite like a maniac ... but I'm in the gym a lot more than I ever have been.

Can you list an average days intake CC?

The more honest you are, the more we can help :)

Where is your port? Is it on tummy or chest?

:)Just a quick welcome back from me-
I'm still pre-op so of no use other than "hand-holding":)

Sorry did not read back...oops my bad :eek:

First of all, skipping breakfast is the worst thing you can do.

You need to break the fast, so your metabolism can get going again for the day.

I know what you mean about the tight band and apathy for food in the mornings but you really need to work on changing this habit. You don't have to have breakfast items just because it's breakfast.

Today for example I had 2 slices of ham, then an Activia yoghurt, all just for the protein, nothing more.

Your diet might be a bit carb heavy, so maybe no more bread, rice or pasta for a bit.

To be honest you don't need them and a meal can be really nice with meat and veg. I use mushrooms instead of potatoes a lot. I boil them with a bit of garlic and herbs .

But other than that you are eating healthy choices.

Try buying a small side plate and between each mouthful put knife and fork down.

Keep battling on....my journey is a slow one now too and I think its bad to keep comparing to others and what others may expect from you.

My nice new consultant has said realistically for some it can take 3-5 years to get to goal :)

Welcome back Cah-ching, i have been asking about you...

I'm really sorry your not getting the results we all expect from wls... Sounds like you are doing the right with the exercise and things, only thing i'd like to say is that if people say you are shrinking maybe because of the weight training you are toning up? Do you have a fitness advisor who tells you what to do at the gym?

Really hope your band starts working with you and look forward to seeing your smile return as the figures go down :) xx

ps, please don't be a stranger at the Massive Meet Ups, they really do help. xx

Welcome back CC, you have been missed! Im really sorry you are struggling but dont try and do it alone, we are here for you. I cant help with advice as Im pre-op and bypass but I can offer support (HUGS) Hope you feel brighter soon X

welcome back CC ;) You certainly have been missed.

Caz has given you some excellent advice and hopefully that will put you on the right track food wise.

I agree with Julies comments above as well when she says you may be looking smaller due to the work you are putting in at the gym. I know when I work hard at the gym I dont lose weight but people tell me my shape is changing. I know its not what you want to hear when you are desperately trying to lose weight, but it will serve you well in the long run as the higher your muscle/fat ratio the faster your metabolism will be.

Keep going hun. You are doing great. x

Hi There!
You were banded not long after me, I don't know if you recall.
I don't know if this reassures you at all, but it has only been in the last 2 weeks that I have started to loose anything worth talking about.
Please stick with it, maybe you need a teeny tiny fill - the last one I had was .75ml and it has made the world of difference.
It has taken 7 months for me to feel at all confident that the band is finally controlling my hunger.
Good luck, you've been through the wars so keep at it!
x

Can't really help with the band Cc but its good to see you back I've really missed you.

Stay here now and get all the help the banders can give you don't struggle on alone

Take care

M

Welcome back hun,

and isnt if funny when we need help or are struggling we tend to stay away from the site, I am the same when we really need to be on here more.

Well you've mastered that one and you are back and are getting some good advice. Why not keep a food diary on here, be honest and the other banders will be able to help more.

Regarding breakfast have you tried the cereal bars they can substitue cereals if you like and will get you metabolism started.

Good luck hun, you are in the right place now.:)

Hi - good to see you back and sorry you have been dissapointed with your results!

Im the same with breakfast, always was pre band too though and its common for banders to become that way. I tend to eat my 'breakfast' around 10.30 on work days at 11.00 ish at weekends and often dont have traditional breakfasty things. My favourite is fruit, or greek youghurt with muesli in the week and eggs or low fat cheese and thin melba toast at the weekend.

As Caz has advised - with other meals try and ditch the bread and limit carbs, the problem with them is the more you have the hungrier you seem to be?! and the more you crave them. Also try and eat foods that will fill your pouch and keep you fuller for longer ie drier foods and limit slider food.

I hope your weight starts to drop soon but in the meantime dont be a stranger :D

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. I have been really lazy in coming on here and 1 reading the responses and 2 replying. Going to Minimins and WLS just isn't a habit of mine any more. I'm really sorry :whoopass: for me.

ANYWAY - I'm taking on board what you say and I'm going to lighten up on the carbs. I'm also going to do more cardio as I acutally NEED to burn calories rather than just train with weights. Today I did body combat and worked my bazuka off. I'll do weights every other day and cardio every other day. I know my gym probably sounds like a lot and I guess it is, but I do feel better once I've been and it helps with my depression/anxiety.

Must admit I'm not a huge meat lover, but I'll try to limit my carbs at lunch and dinner. Breakfast is granola and yoghurt rather than milk. Today I tried quaker oats' granola for the first time with total 0% fat greek yoghurt, it was lovely and much more sticky than with milk, it stayed there! So that's one habit to keep up with i think. I have some bread (seeded Bergen) that I'm finishing off - I don't like to throw it in the bin (sorry!) but tend to have fish or chicken with veg for dinner and my protein shake (yum). i often have my protein shake before eating because it's liquid, but also it really takes my hunger/appetite away.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on my weight.

Night night cherubs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back