• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its getting close..... My diary

Badgerpink

As I mark off my 5th month on the waiting list with my dietician saying it will be early next year. I'm trying to now mentally prepare myself. Physically I'm doing ok, today is my crank it up a notch start date. I have lost just over 3 stone since my first gp appointment march 12 and 1 stone since jan 12. So a 4 stone loss.... It's been really hard lots of up and downs on the scales and I guess that confirms I need this.....I've made my mind up on the sleeve I had been considering bypass. But portion control is defiantly my weakness. I have been exercising intentionally ( gym, swim, classes) since July 13. And my weight loss is slow part of this is after working out around 90 mins a day and with all the running about I do I am famished. My meals are healthy choices but I'm having far too much. So I'm going to keep a diary here hoping it keeps me on the straight and narrow.... Day 1

You're doing so well already darling but keeping a diary will likely show you where you're slipping with your food.

Lots of luck xx

wow your doing so well congrats! Thats a massive achievement to be able to lose so much pre op! Fingers crossed you get your date soon x xx

I agree you have done so well xxx

Well not a great start I have to say the hubby has 2 days off for our wedding anniversary...
Monday
Breakfast:- oat so simple sachet, skimmed milk
Lunch:- 1/4 tin spaghetti hoops on toast
Dinner:- marstons pub meal cowboy burger with wedges. 1/2 eaten
Snack:- Handful red grapes
45 min aquafit class

Tuesday
We had a day out this is where it gets bad but it's a special day :-
Breakfast:- 1 sausage, 1 bacon, 1 egg, beans and toms, 1 toast. & hot choc
Lunch:- Starbucks skinny gingerbread latte
Dinner:- Chinese buffet, a lot to list so won't bother, mixed starters 5 small different things. 3 duck pancakes, Singapore vermacelli, shredded beef in chilli. Small plate full not piled.
Snack :- handful of toffee popcorn.
Defo treat day won't be one of these for sometime. No exercise but 4 hours walking round shops.

Had a lovely day and got to talk about the impending op without kids about.

Wednesday B- 2 weetabix & skimmed milk L- tin of pea & smoked bacon soup D- 5 sweet potato wedges, 1 corn on the cob, 2 chicken thighs, 2 tbls coleslaw S- hula hoops, banana
30 min cross trainer
20 min treadmill
20 min recumbent bicycle
10 hand bike
20 mins weights

Last edited:
I'm feeling very scared today reading about how tough it is for some at the moment. I know it's not going to be for long. It's all going to worth it. Got a lot of plans for my future. And had a moment this evening when both my daughters was crying ( 1 about a boy) ( 1 about the loss of her guinea pig) and it brought home to me that I need to be here for them. Emotional day.....

Wow you're really getting stuck in with the exercise darling, well done you!!
Hey the treats were for a special occasion so don't feel bad.
Our kids are our main priority, we love them to bits and as you say we must be there for them.

Thank you.. I am loving the exercise... Come to bed early feeling rubbish terrible sore throat so used it to my advantage
B- tesco raspberry MR shake
L- asparagus cuppa soup
D- tesco caramel MR shake
S- mushroom cuppa soup, muller rice
Coffee, glass of milk
60 min aqua fit class

Hi Bagerpink Im due to have my sleeve on the 12th Nov,
Im having the same worries to about being around for people it has all started to get very real for me now

Hi Bagerpink Im due to have my sleeve on the 12th Nov, Im having the same worries to about being around for people it has all started to get very real for me now
Two ladies on here who are at the same hospital as me are having a terrible time, I'm so scared I'm not strong enough if things go wrong for me "(. Not long for you now....all the best x

B- tesco MR shake
L- tin of chicken & mushroom soup
T- small bowl Thai red chicken veg curry & 4 tbs of rice
S- 2 finger kit kat, handful popcorn, orange.
Exercise 3 mile forest dog walk.

Saturday
Bad day( food wise) kinda a day off blow out.... Also time of the month quite late so my irritability is high.....This is the kinda day that got me here...
Ashamed and angry that I'm feeling the 'but I won't be able to do this anymore soon attitude'
So gonna go kick ass in the gym this week!!!
B- tesco MR shake
L- 2 slices of rye bread and meat salad
D- kebab special & chips
S- medium sized toblerone bar..... Half tube Pringles....... 1/2 Bag of kinda schocko Bon bons.... Half a packet of gingernuts....
And man did I feel sick, grrr so angry with myself "(.

everyone gets an off day ,I have not had my op yet but I to have had an off few days, 1 biscuit leading to half a packet ,having 2 cooked breakfasts in 1 week (naughty but oh so nice!) I will give myself a telling off and get myself back on the mindfulness of eating.i know you can do the same.

Yep onwards and upwards...it's so daft sometimes how you think it's gonna ruin everything. I have for a long while had a tomorrow's a new day attitude instead of the start Monday mentality that lead me to this! I'm trying to still enjoy a few treats as I work so hard in the gym ect. I'm going to have some bacon buttys for lucnh today but following with a very long dog walk. Thank you for your support guys xx

everyone gets an off day ,I have not had my op yet but I to have had an off few days, 1 biscuit leading to half a packet ,having 2 cooked breakfasts in 1 week (naughty but oh so nice!) I will give myself a telling off and get myself back on the mindfulness of eating.i know you can do the same.
When/which op you having? X

I really am thinking of a bypass but my surgeon ive been told favours the band but when I checked him out (mr mannur homerton hospital ) it turns out he does both bands and bypass so when I see him in march 2014 I will ask him about it and take it from there.

I really am thinking of a bypass but my surgeon ive been told favours the band but when I checked him out (mr mannur homerton hospital ) it turns out he does both bands and bypass so when I see him in march 2014 I will ask him about it and take it from there.
It really took me some time to make up my mind and who knows I may change it again haha, all the best on your new journey x

Back