• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its getting close..... My diary

B- 2 bacon cobs no butter splash of hp
L- 2 rye bread and meat salad
D- homemade lasagne coaster size portion, 5 butternut squash wedges 2 slices garlic bread
S- grapes, clementine, gold bar.
90 min dog walk

Good day today, thought I'd have a bash at low carb again I always lose a little then the bread fairy beckons me, but at the moment with exercising so much I get very very hungry.

B- 2 slices grilled bacon fat trimmed, 2 grilled mushrooms, 1 grilled tomato 1 poached egg.
L- seafood mix , mixed salad tablespoon mayo and a sprinkle of paprika.
D- 2 pork loin slices, red cabbage & red onion and cheese mixed with tablespoon of Mayo.
Two coffees with a dash of double cream
3 litres of water

Exercise- 45 min aqua fit( Mondays/Wednesdays class is quite hard in comparison to the more dancy one on Tuesdays and Thursdays which is an hour)
45 min dog walk.

done better today with the "mindful eating" lark. I had a good talking to myself (lord knows what the people at the bus stop thought!)and keep saying to myself "do I want it /do I need it" for when I get "head/eye hunger" I find this works for me so im back on the wagon and I can only take a day at a time

Last edited:
Two ladies on here who are at the same hospital as me are having a terrible time, I'm so scared I'm not strong enough if things go wrong for me "(. Not long for you now....all the best x

Hiya Badgerpink,

Don't be scared about the op, I had Mr Ahmed and he was lovely, all the staff have been amazing and really look after you on ward 311.
I had a bad time after the op due to a chest infection but now antibiotics have done the trick I'm feeling loads better.. I was tearful for a couple of days but that has stopped now too.. The only thing I'm struggling with is trying to drink the right amount of fluids. I'm going to see my manager on Friday to see if I can go back to work next Monday.. I found the first 8 days or so the most difficult but can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Just got in from quite a long walk with the dogs. Good luck with the op whichever you choose to have, your already doing amazing with your weight loss. I have found all the reassurance from people on here really puts your mind at rest.. Cat xx

Hiya Badgerpink, Don't be scared about the op, I had Mr Ahmed and he was lovely, all the staff have been amazing and really look after you on ward 311. I had a bad time after the op due to a chest infection but now antibiotics have done the trick I'm feeling loads better.. I was tearful for a couple of days but that has stopped now too.. The only thing I'm struggling with is trying to drink the right amount of fluids. I'm going to see my manager on Friday to see if I can go back to work next Monday.. I found the first 8 days or so the most difficult but can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Just got in from quite a long walk with the dogs. Good luck with the op whichever you choose to have, your already doing amazing with your weight loss. I have found all the reassurance from people on here really puts your mind at rest.. Cat xx

Oh thank you Cat I know I can get quite panicky as I'm getting so close, you girls really had me worried. It's great to hear you doing well now tho. Can't wait to see you progress ") it's so exciting.
Folks on here are great the support is amazing I'm so glad I found it by chance. I'm hoping il feel a little better when I get my date as at the moment I know it could be any day or months away I'm like a coiled spring haha. It's reassuring to hear your experience at derby was good thank you again. I bet your dogs have missed their walks with you I'm dreading the first time I take my bouncy 3 out might borrow my hubby's chain mail out his live role play kit for protection haha xx

done better today with the "mindful eating" lark. I had a good talking to myself (lord knows what the people at the bus stop thought!)and keep saying to myself "do I want it /do I need it" for when I get "head/eye hunger" I find this works for me so im back on the wagon and I can only take a day at a time[/QUOTE

Yep one day at a time, you have your head screwed on the right way there. Oh you were the crazy lady at the bus stop then were ya ;). I'm focusing on eating plenty of veg and protein as all starchy carbs once I have them can't stop . Low carb really controls my physical hunger usually 4 days in I just don't fancy food lol...just wish it was sustainable for me but every bit helps hey x

A friend of mine was due to be bypassed at Derby on Friday (she went on the list mid-Jan) but she has deferred it as she is not ready mentally - but she let them now nearly 1 weeks ago so time to get somebody else in there ....... so the list is an additional person down!

I was done by Mr Ahmed at the Derby Nuffield so can't comment on the Derby Royal itself (I have my outpatients there though, there nest Thursday) but the people I met have been lovely xx

Tuesday
B - Two grilled trimmed bacon rashers and 2 boiled eggs L- two piece of red pepper, with phili light and cracked black pepper. D- chicken leeks, peppers & mushrooms stir fried in olive oil and herbs phili cream sauce, with broccoli and cauliflower. 60 min aqua fit 45 min dog walk.

Wow... Guess iv been busy didn't seem that long that I had updated. Well had a horrendous 'time of the month' hoping once I've lost weight I can have my tubal litigation reversed and that will lessen all my pm problems.... So lost 2kg last week but put on 1kg over the weekend. Been to aqua fit and walking the dogs religiously twice a day one 1 mile trek one 2.5 mile trek. That sure as hell hasn't been easy with tummy pains doubling me over. Off to school in a min to give my 16 old son a short sharp shock about 6th form in a meeting with his teachers. It's like he thinks it's time to relax now gcses are out the way... He needs to think again.

All any of us can do is our best and I reckon at the mo you ladies are giving it your all!
Well Done, big pats on the back.

U have been a busy bee! I would have never guessed from your avatar that you would have a 16 year old either, youthful looks super lucky!

Aww thank you, hair dye and the fat face hide the age haha, really want to get my date thru I really wish it would be before Xmas I'm gonna struggle so much if not. Feel like I've been waiting forever right now and it's going to be hard work after I know but the hard work I'm putting in now doesn't give me any inspirational results as it such tiny amounts. I feel like once the volume of my food is restricted I will see all my efforts paid off. Worked so hard at the gym yesterday burnt a whopping 1500 cals and then the dog walks too I'm feeling super fit. I'm trying to get one of my dogs slimmer too bless him he only plods along at my side so I keep jogging to make him follow he has lost a bit I've not weighed him but here he is....

image-3664347601.jpg

My other two are super fit haha

image-3248260618.jpg

Your dogs are gorgeous! I hope you get your date through soon but just keep plodding on your doing so well! X x x maybe chase it up with your gp? X x

They are beauties ") They said early next year, I'm back next thurs with the dietician so she'll perhaps give me an update like she did at the beginning of October. I was trying to play detective counting up the other ladies at the same hospitals waits which got my mind ticking lol. Plus my hubby off 2 weeks at Xmas which would be perfect. Ho hum

Your dogs are just like mine, I have. 9 yr old black lab, a 3 year old yellow lab and got myself a baby choc lab before my surgery :)
Hopefully you shouldn't have too much longer to wait now. Chase it up with dietician next week. Which consultant is doing your surgery? Your doing absolutely amazing. xx

Your dogs are just like mine, I have. 9 yr old black lab, a 3 year old yellow lab and got myself a baby choc lab before my surgery :) Hopefully you shouldn't have too much longer to wait now. Chase it up with dietician next week. Which consultant is doing your surgery? Your doing absolutely amazing. xx
Thanks I'm trying all the exercise makes me ravenous tho tut.... Iv seen MR Ahmed I think is him and I will chase I would give anything to have it before Xmas I said goodbye to Xmas food last year well the volume of it anyway. Aww labs are the best my yellows 7 years chocs 6 I had a black lab he died 4 years ago then last year I bought myself a standard poodle the one with the coat ( she has just been clipped) I wanted less shedding and something smaller haha. How are you getting on now Cat? Xx

Am getting there now, been back at work this week and thinking maybe its a bit too soon, had to phone in sick today as absolutely shattered and quite a bit of pain. If you have Mr Ahmed he is really nice x

Back