• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting my sleeve next week!

kanky

So it's finally almost time to get my sleeve! After 5 years being chucked about on the NHS I finally decided to go private and will be getting my op at the royal Darby hospital next Thursday :) I'm from Scotland so it's a long way to travel but it'll be worth it.

My only worry is that I've been signed off work and stuck in bed for 3 days with terrible flu and tonsillitis. I can barely move and not ate for 3 days. All I've managed is 1 slim fast a day and I'm supposed to be on the 1000 calories diet. I've been put on Antibiotics and bed rest to get better so I hope it works.

Do you think this will affect my surgery? Are you allowed to be on antibiotics before surgery? In not allowed any sugery type stuff so been trying to stay away from throat lozenges but I caved and has a few. Hope this doesn't effect my liver shrinking.

So far on the diet I've lost a stone so hoping for a wee bit more.

Any help would be great.

Thanks. X

So it's finally almost time to get my sleeve! After 5 years being chucked about on the NHS I finally decided to go private and will be getting my op at the royal Darby hospital next Thursday :) I'm from Scotland so it's a long way to travel but it'll be worth it. My only worry is that I've been signed off work and stuck in bed for 3 days with terrible flu and tonsillitis. I can barely move and not ate for 3 days. All I've managed is 1 slim fast a day and I'm supposed to be on the 1000 calories diet. I've been put on Antibiotics and bed rest to get better so I hope it works. Do you think this will affect my surgery? Are you allowed to be on antibiotics before surgery? In not allowed any sugery type stuff so been trying to stay away from throat lozenges but I caved and has a few. Hope this doesn't effect my liver shrinking. So far on the diet I've lost a stone so hoping for a wee bit more. Any help would be great. Thanks. X

Hey, how long do you have until the op? Hopefully the infection will be gone but I would call them and talk to them, you don't want to travel all that way if they can't operate. I was supposed to have mine feb 2014 and it was cancelled because of an infection but every hospital is different. The only way you will know is to call them.

Best of luck Hun and hope you feel better xz

I agree do contact your team and have a chat with them its better to be safe at hime than sorry far from home
good luck

If you feel ill you need to contact the surgery team straight away. It might be that there is nothing to worry about but when I had my sleeve they asked me if I had a cold, chest infection or felt myself becoming ill as it can be a problem with the anaesthesia.

Hope this helps!

Back