• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's me! I'm the one i'm sure of it...

phatmomma

I honestly am wondering what i'm doing wrong! Just been for my first weigh in in two weeks and the scales haven't moved an ounce........ Week before i weighed in and only a lb gone. Okay i've lost 34lb since the week before my surgery on June 10th, but 5 of that was pre op and 11lb in the first week following surgery. I've had numerous weeks of losing nothing (okay maybe 3) and a few weeks of losing just a lb.. I'm back at work and doing plenty of walking around the hospital (well when i say plenty, i mean more than i do at home walking wise).

I can eat most things and make sure i have three meals a day! What am i doing wrong? I reckon i'm eating a 1000 cals a day so surely i should be losing on that? Experienced post oppers please give me your advice... Am so fed up i can lose weight each week if i was at a slimming group without surgery, what the heck is going on??????

Heck I wish I knew! I haven't a clue, I just wanted to send some hugs. xxxxxxxx You must feel so frustrated!

Hello Julie

I am sorry to hear your weights not shifting , are you drinking enough fluids perhaps??? (just an idea) , Hope things get moving again A.S.A.P.

All the best - MeJulie xx

What are you eating and how often?

Kim i eat three times a day, if i snack i go for fruit usually.

Breakfast is cereal, either weetabix/ready brek or shredded wheat fruitful..

Lunch at work is ryvita with cottage cheese (low cal) or one day this week i went and had a jacket with three cheese filling (no butter).

Tea is usually what the family are having, so can be faggots with mushy peas and a bit of mash or a cooked meal again i don't put much mash on as i'm aware of carbs, if i have a roast dinner i usually have a yorkshire pud!

I swear i ate more about 6 weeks post op with the snacking on nuts n cheese in between. I did track it on food focus for a while and was easily doing 1000 - 1300 cals!

Am flummuxed completely... I am going to start writing my intake down in a food diary. I really didn't want to start the habits i had from slimming clubs all over again though :(

Hi Julie,
The diary sounds just the thing at the moment... I would like to say that you look terrific... hope this can soon be sorted for you Angel.

xxx

Hmmm your diet sounds ok to me. I eat little and often. I snack on things like Snack a Jacks etc. I eat cheese and boiled/baked potatoe etc as well.

Your weight should be coming off. have you spoken with your consultant?

Kim, i'm due to see my consultant on September 10 so thought i'd get a food diary going so we can discuss this then!

I just don't get it, only thing changed in the last 4 weeks i've gone back to work and so maybe don't drink as much as i did, but i can drink whenever i want too... I just don't get it at all!

I am going to 'up' my fluid intake and see how we go!

Dont know the answer Julie, but I do agree with you doing a food diary for you consultant, then you will know exactly where you stand.

People do stall perhaps you are having one of these and a big lump might come off in one go.

Fingers crossed you get it sorted. :)xxxxx

Hiya, I am 6 weeks post op, and the scales aren't moving for me either :sigh:
I don't think I am eating enough, and definitely know I aren't getting enough fluids in, but I didn't drink much before my op, and find it so hard to drink lots.
Hope you can get the scales moving soon hun, I know exactly how you feel xx

i also find it hard to have as much fluid as we should i have now taken to carrying a bottle of water everywhere my weight loss has also slowed down. good luck julie i think we set our hopes so high after surgery but i suppose a pound off is better than on x

Try swapping your breakfast for a protein based one, eggs are a good option, scrambled, poached on toast etc, or swap to the burgens soya and linseed loaf for a piece of toast with a protein topping. I believe that starting with carbs doesn't help for the day, you're more likely to crave carbs and eat more foods. Protein is a better way to start the day!

Oh no, poor you! Don' know the answer hun, just wish you luck and hope it starts shiftin again soon xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry I cant be of any help but I know how gutting it must be to think things arent working for you. Thats my worst nightmare, me being the only one bypass doesnt work for and I know you said the same thing before you had the op!
Im sure it will start moving again soon, loads of people seem to have these stalls and there doesnt seem to be one particular reason for them. Sorry thats not helpful but I can send you a big fat humongous (HUG) It might not help but I usually find it makes the *rap easier to take :) x

I'm sending you another huge humungous hug too Julie... that sounded like good advice from Shell for breakfast... and the most important meal of the day... to start the body.... keep us posted and sit down when those hugs arrive or you may be bowled over! xxx

Get some probiotics in Julie, Actimel drinks are good and a nice way of getting it in. They have always boosted my losses when they have slowed down. That and protein shakes, though I only turn to those if Im struggling with protein, but they seem to work to get the weight shifting.
Both things are worth trying.
Steph xx

I would reccomend drinking more water and have less carbs.

I noticed that in the weeks I don't have as much water as I should have been I loose less weight.

And carbs! My worst enemy!

And I think around this time most people experience first stall. So don't try not to worry and hopefully next week you are going to loose a lot!

i had a static period for a few weeks then in one lost lots. I dont change too much on what i eat as have been told its not so much each days totals but the weeks if your struggling with fluids try milk cant remember if you cant have milk or not try rice milk with bit of flavouring. i have milk and its at least shifts the build-up inside sorry TMI which also can play apart as can hormones
just carry on if you know your eating right and drinking ok it will come off

I panic too if dont lose this month i've lost a bit less than the others but i'm not too bothered as know i'm not eating the food or quantities i did before so know i will lose it. have you measured as you know we lose inches too when we dont lose weight are any of your undies loose or clothes

keep on keeping on

xx

Okay firstly last weekend was the first time i tolerated a egg, it was fried (in fry light) and i never had a problem with them.... So tomorrow i'll try eggs for breakfast.

I was having a protein shake up until a week or so ago when i stopped as i thought i was hitting the target, think i'll have a protein shake after my eggs (30 minutes after). I had tried to eliminate all obvious carbs but the hidden ones are buggars! As for ''most people stall around this time''! I wish i'd kept track of my losses, i reckon i've lost about 5lb in the last 6 weeks or so! It's frustrating, you either hear people don't eat enough or people eat too much so they don't lose! I looked on foodfocus and it said for my weight i should be having 2,227 cals a day to maintain, so you can knock about 750 cals a day off there, doing my maths knowing you have to have used 3.500 cals less to lose a lb i should at least lose a lb a week!

I never measured myself before my op (even though i tell everybody else too do it) and i know i'm slimmer than when i started.... I just so didn't want to get obsessed with weighing and measuring grrrr

Thanks for all the advice i will take it on board!

I just want you to know I get that crap feeling when you don't lose, I have become obsessed with eating or not eating, getting weighed every time I use the loo, having to tell everyone I've ever met (or who has ever seen me) how much weight I've lost while they tell me how HUGE I was before.

My figures for losing weight look good but this week I have put on two pounds due to time of the month, and instead of being pleased that its only two pounds, I am looking at my eating !!! AArrrhhhhhhhh.

Sorry to moan, but I am sending you big hugs and a shoulder if you need it. Xx

Back