• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm really struggling.

Emmaroo

Milky
As you all know I'm on the milk diet (i've moaned about it enough) its for an indefinate amount of time until I lost 2stone and then I'll have my surgery a few weeks after.

Now the problem is is that I'm really struggling. I've cheated pretty much every day for the past 5 days. I'm not cheating a lot, its usually around tea time, so I'm not losing any weight.

If it was for two weeks I reckon I could do it. But even the moviation for me to get surgery is not enough to stop eating. It just feels like I've got ages streched out in front of me with no food. Any tips on how to et back on track?

Actually whilst writing that post I had a bit of a lightbulb moment. I went into the kitchen, turned the oven off and got myself some milk. Its only for a short time so I'm going to stick to it now.

Emmaroo, I too am on the milk diet although only for 2 weeks. My diet each day is 4 slimfasts, 1 oxo cube and up to 1/2 pt jelly. Plus a minumum of 2ltrs water. I'm on day 5 of 14 and like you am struggling like hell! :rolleyes:

I've managed not to cheat at all but the temptation is sooo strong sometimes it's unbearable. I'm sick of waking up feeling nauseated and tired and feeling washed out during the day, regardless of how much water I drink!

I take my hat off to you for sticking with it, 2 weeks seems unbearable enough but to lose 2 stone on it must be hell.

Try and stay strong hun, you are right the rewards are there at the end of it, that's what I have to keep telling myself. Could it be worth contacting your dietician to see if there's any other options for you, such as the low cal low carb diet that some people are offered? Also someone has recommended s/f fizzy drinks to me which help to fill you up more, I will be giving this a go.

Good luck Emma,
Cuppa xx

Hi Emmaroo

I hope the lightbulb moment is there to last, sorry you are struggling so much :(

Just keep telling yourself you have to shrink the liver caz if it isnt shrunk they may not operate, or worse it may cause complications during surgery.

You can do it...........Have they not actually given you an op date?

Also, om the milk diet what are they letting you have as it varies from place to place. I had to have 1 pint ss milk, 4 tins ww soup, 4 low fat yogs a day and lots of water.

I think evenings are hard for a lot of people, I know for me i would go most of the day without eating then about 3pm have a sarnie then pick right through the night.

Hope you stay on track Xx

Poor you :( I dont normally post in this section so tell me to shut up if you want. Are you allowed to go on another diet to lose the weight? Just thinking that Cambridge or Lighter life has low carbs so puts you in a state called Ketosis where you do not feel hungry.

Slim fast has high carbs so you will have the hungry feeling during the day. Just a thought :D

Just keep telling yourself you have to shrink the liver caz if it isnt shrunk they may not operate, or worse it may cause complications during surgery.
oops ok swizzle you answered my question.:D If you havent got a date maybe its a goer lol

Emmaroo you have done such an amazing job and Iknow how hard it is iI did two weeks and have another two weeks to do from the 23rd Nov pre op, evenings are hard and I always had a diet coke in the evening and yes that was better than just milk all the time and its a different flavour completely which helps.
I know you can do it as you have already been so strong, just tell yourself lose the weight or no op you will get there ..........I know you will .......good luck Emma

Jay xx

Back