• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's me! I'm the one i'm sure of it...

Well i got my period last night, two days after the depressing weigh in of no loss........ I know it can be down to fluid retention but am not going to presume i would have had a loss without it being totm. Still keeping track of my food intake and increasing the fluids as much as i can without springing a leak!

Love n light xx

hi Julie
Hope you are feeling better today. Keep on track and I am sure that weight loss will start up again. Its a bugger tho isnt it when you think you are doing everything you should and had an op and it still doesnt happen. I am sure I am not saying anything you dont know but most people have experienced this and then a big loss follows so im keeping my fingers crossed for you that this will happen and cheer you up again.
You give lots of lovely messages on here to help and support people so just for that reason I am hoping you get the loss you deserve
Keep your chin up
JO XX

julie
i know how your feeling . i just dont seem to be losing anything either. it really does get you down , i to dont want to get into the habits that i had with the slimming clubs, i think a lot of mine is due to not drinking enough fluids , i have never been a fluid drinker so i find it hard to keep drinking, but when you have had this surgery you think great the weight is going to come of at last, so when you stall it smacks u in the face and and makes you feel so crap, all i can say hun, is keep your chin up, and hopefully in time the weight will shift again, or talk to your bariatric team, maybe they will have some advice for you xxxxxx

Hi Julie

You definitely sound just like me I had multiple stalls and lost slowly and spasmodically until I really whacked up the protein and fluids and I mean whacked. How much did Food focus say you were having? The specimen menu you posted didn't say how much meat or protein in the evening but it looked not protein much in the day. I started to lose more consistently when I added in 2 shakes a day and drank at leat 3 litres of fluid. But I was always asking why I lost less on the low number of calories I ate than when I was on WW. Yet when I really focused on protein - sometimes 100g - 120g a day and upped the fluid off it came. However I also still had stalls. Its just so individual but i think trying the protein/fluids route might just help.

Take care

M

CCPM i have upped the fluids and i am going to uptake the protein too. I'll go for 2 shakes a day as that will give me 40g + before i hit the food protein...

Thanks for all the advice and support and as for the comment about how i give support, i do it because this site and you lovely people have given me the insight and all the knowledge i feel i need to succeed. If i don't know everything yet i know i can come here and find out what i need to know.. You lot are fabulous xx

I was going to say that your protein seems a bit low and to up the fluids.

I think some people find several smaller meals kick starts the loss - I know to get my 100 gm day of protein in I have to have 3 meals and 3 snacks - though one of those is a milky coffee.

Take those measurements now - its a wonderful boost and can show inches going where pounds don't - remember muscle weighs more than fat and you'r probably moving round much more now you are back at work.

It will start dropping off again - honest!! :)

xx

Good girl with the fluids I just saw your food diary for yesterday I think and the fluids were great. Hoping it won't be long until that weight shifts again

M

Good girl with the fluids I just saw your food diary for yesterday I think and the fluids were great. Hoping it won't be long until that weight shifts again

M

CCPM you must be psychic lol...

Nipped to my moms today to do some washing (machine up the spout at home) and as she wasn't in i said to Trev lets nip down to Boots and weigh in, i know it's only been since last Thursday for weigh in and i know i'm crazy to expect much.....

WOW OMG 5lb off! I was so excited....

So the protein shakes are staying and the fluids are going to be big time!

Thanks for the support everyone xx

wdon.gif

wow Julie. 5lb is awesome. You have just inspired me to try to drink more x

Fantastic news Julie!
:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

I'm thrilled for you!

Wow that is brilliant news, well done you, bet you are on top of the world xxxx

Back