• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ive cooked for the whole week...

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Oh yes i have!

I took me 2 hours but me and my family will be fed well for the whole week.

I done some research on the internet last night then went to aldi today to get the stuff. I chose aldi as the meat & veg are always good and much cheaper than major supermarkets.

So this is what ive made:-

Homemade fish pie
Homemade corned beef hash
Sweet chili chicken bites
BBQ chicken bites
meatloaf
meatballs, spaghetti & tomato sauce
Prawn in thousand island sauce
Roast chicken
beefburgers
sausages

....all made with good stuff. No crap in them at all!

Tomorrow im also going to make a weeks worth of green salad and fruit salad (with lime to stop it going brown) and see how i get on with these.

In aldi i also bought a good sized salad bowl complete with air tight lid, fork and small tub inserted into the lid for my balsmatic vinegar dressing.

I quite enjoyed doing it and everything is now cooled and in the freezer. We just need to take out whatever we fancy the night before, leave in fridge to defrost then whack in the microwave!

Im going to see how i get on this week and if i actually use the foods. If all goes well ill do this every weekend.
I do want to try and find a dessert i can freeze too (low carb) as there is no room in the fridge for sf jelly :)

F.Y.I i spent £106 at aldi, but a normal shop at tesco is about £85 per week (no where near the amount i got today), then we spend about £10 per day on other stuff from the local shop or at work. So overall doing it this way is much cheaper, healthier and i feel so god damn proud of myself!

I also bought every fruit & veg you can think of!

Just thought i would share with you all.

Well done. I think it really helps when you organise meals in advance - less chance of a bad choice if you are rushing to fix something last minute. I will have to check out the salad bowl at aldi.

tranquil x

Sounds like a plan, well done you.

I haven't ever cooked for the whole week but have been shopping knowing what is bought for each day for a while now. I plan ahead which meals for each day and it saves a lot of money in the long run, plus healthier choices when you are unsure what to have.

;-)

You need to help me organise our menus, we normally work out what we are going to have 10 mins before meal time

BigDave

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ill update throughout the week the best i can on how this is going.

Hubby commented this morning that the fridge has never been so full!

The fruit salad i made yesterday with lime juice still looked and tasted fine for breakfast this morning.

I typed in 'OAWC' on the internet and it came up with loads of sites (Once a week cooking)

Well done you!

Well done, sounds great so organised, I decide 10 mins before what I'm going to eat so I need to get a bit more prepared, Karen x

Hi tamgredan, i read your post yeasterday and thought what a great idea. I work such awkward shifts at work and very often don't have the energy when i get home and i love to cook from scratch. Today at work i thought again about organisation in the kitchen , so i came home at 2pm and cooked the following:

1. Pie, mash and veg x2
2. Faggots, jersey royals and veg x2
3. Chicken casserole for two
4. chicken and mushroom pie (potato topped)
5. pasta dish for hubbies lunch tomorrrow at work
6. southern fried chicken wings for hubbies lunch at work on wednesday.

We are all sorted now til friday and it's my day off so i can cook some more..thanks a bunch for the idea x

Hi tamgredan, i read your post yeasterday and thought what a great idea. I work such awkward shifts at work and very often don't have the energy when i get home and i love to cook from scratch. Today at work i thought again about organisation in the kitchen , so i came home at 2pm and cooked the following:

1. Pie, mash and veg x2
2. Faggots, jersey royals and veg x2
3. Chicken casserole for two
4. chicken and mushroom pie (potato topped)
5. pasta dish for hubbies lunch tomorrrow at work
6. southern fried chicken wings for hubbies lunch at work on wednesday.

We are all sorted now til friday and it's my day off so i can cook some more..thanks a bunch for the idea x

Glad to help!

Some tasty dishes on your list, i may pinch 1 or 2 ;-)

I just need to try doing a whole salad in advance and storing it in the fridge.

can you believe it...having cooked my meals to see us through til friday, i can't bloody eat them lol. Hospital have rang and want me to start my pre op tomorrow, a week early......EEEK!!!

Oh well, hubby will be enjoying it all to himself x

Update for you!

Son & hubby have eaten well this week, most of the dishes have gone. However, ive got gone through as many as i planned due to my fill and having to go back onto liquids (cant believe i forgot about that).
Didnt get chance to try salad and fruit salad in advance this week but ill try next week when im allowed solids again.
Ill do more cooking on sunday and this time im going to do a curry, stew and a few soups.
Fridge still full to be honest, so a good little way of saving pennies.

Thats brilliant. Worth the effort then eh. You're still inspiring me :) x

Back