• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I think ive stretched my pouch!

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
....so was a mad day (with daughter chucking up in marks and spencer...including 2 dresses which i then felt i had to buy as they were literally dripping with the most stinky milk curd sick ever!) lucky they were on sale!!

anyways got KFC for kiddies and had a KFC salad. last time i had it..about a week ago i only managed the chicken. but i have managed to wolf the WHOLE thing down. i got a teeny amount of chest pain but not that much really...so i ate it ALL quite comfortably! i did chew chew chew but i also didnt wait between bites.

the fact that i can eat a whole salad with fried chicken means my pouch cant be the size of an egg anymore :(:cry:

tranquil_butterfly

If you have not had a fill yet there will not be that much restriction so you may find you can eat more than you anticipated. I am sure one of the more experienced banders will be able to reassure you that you have not stretched your pouch.

tranquil x

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
thanks TB xx no i havent had a fill and defo been eating more but a whole salad....thats really bad!

Neen

WLS Moderator
Not really out of the ordinary to be able to eat a fairly large amount before a fill. It's unlikely you would have stretched it as the food is going to pass through fairly easily at this point.
Not much I can do to reassure you as you're already convinced ! Phone your team and I'm sure they will put your mind at rest.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I dont eat meat but I do eat a lot of salads - usually with tuna so I looked up the nutritional value etc for a KFC salad:

The grilled chicken salad is 220 cals (305 grams) and the crispy one is 310 (317 grams)! these are both without the ceasar dressing 260 cals - and the croutons 70.

They dont sound bad to me, if you did have the ceasar dressing maybe next time go for a lighter option, oh and dont panic - ok! x x x

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
thanks guys...am not ringing my provider.....they will kill me! i will speak to my dietician when i see her. i like her!

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Hi MB,

Im eating loads too!!!

I went for a chinese the other night and i ate....

....1 small spring roll
....2 small chicken rolls
....3 tablespoons of seaweed
....1 lemon chicken breast
....3 tablespoons of fried rice
....2 tablespoons of noodles
....1 crispy duck pancake with cucumber & spring onion
.....1 piece of sweet & sour pork

It was all over about 90 minutes with a glass of wine, but yes i can definately eat loads more food and im not even getting any chest pain.

Looking forward to my fill next week!

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
exactly tam.....eating normal sizes again with no pain..... am defo thumbs uping my upcoming fill!!

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
MB and Tam

If you can please try and avoid rice and pasta, they CAN both cause overfilling and stretching of the pouch. They might be fine for you to eat at the moment with no fill but eventually you will probably struggle with them - same with bread.

I gave them up pre op and Im too scared to try them now lol x

BlueDiamond

Hi MB,

Im eating loads too!!!

I went for a chinese the other night and i ate....

....1 small spring roll
....2 small chicken rolls
....3 tablespoons of seaweed
....1 lemon chicken breast
....3 tablespoons of fried rice
....2 tablespoons of noodles
....1 crispy duck pancake with cucumber & spring onion
.....1 piece of sweet & sour pork

It was all over about 90 minutes with a glass of wine, but yes i can definately eat loads more food and im not even getting any chest pain.

Looking forward to my fill next week!

Hello there, Was you not advised to avoid rice,pasta,noodles etc???(can cause swelling in the pouch) and also drinking with a meal will push the food through easier enabling you to eat more, Please bear this in mind about the eating/drinking rule . xxx

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
i dont eat bread or pasta. might have some rice here and there.

so annoying that i paid so much yet have hardly been told these things. thanks for looking out for us noobs!

xxdee

Hi, I had my sweetish band fitted 6th march, I have had 3 fills, which takes me to 8.5 in a 9ml band and I still feel no restriction, I'm so disheartened as I had to pay for this surgery! Have lost 14lbs but that was before my band was filled. I have list absolutely nothing since having my fills, has anyone any advise to give me please

Sarah Metcalf

When it comes to salads I can eat a large amount esp if it's mostly leaves, my hubby thinks that salad leaves virtually disappear so it takes ages for them to fill me. I was getting really worried shortly after my last fill because I wasn't getting restriction, until I realised that I was eaten salad leaves with every meal (we have a garden full of the stuff), made a few adjustments to my diet and I'm coping much better (still need another fill though).
Has anyone else found this to be true for them?
Ladies good luck with your fills xx

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
muchas gracias Sarah.....had fish and brocoli for lunch and shepherd pie for dinner and defo felt the restriction with them! so i agree...maybe salad doesnt bother me? am going out with school mums tomorrow...going to zizzi for lunch...no pizza or pasta for me.... am scared of them! gonna have me a salad. weird as id NEVER order one pre band but now i dont at all feel i am missing out...i guess i know i will get full on the salad as opposed to eating a salad and feeling starving!

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
its lunch whilst the kids are at school. will have madam in the pushchair with me ...but thanks ...will try ebjoy it..would rather go to food court with her... cant see the other mums agreeing to that!