• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've Put On!!!!

djbp98

Wants to crunch
:cry: I'm now 3wks post-op with my band (which is empty by the way) and I've put on 5lb in a week :cry: I'm gutted! Obviously my portion sizes have gone bigger because the swelling around my band has gone, but I'm still eating from a side plate and it's not full either. For example today I have had 2 scrambled eggs with a chopped mushroom in, and then for tea I had 5tbs corned-beef hash and 4tbs mashed sweet potato and butternut squash. I had half a shortbread biscuit and a small bottle of pure orange about 5 because I wasn't able to eat tea until 7.30pm. Through the day I've been drinking nas squash. I had 2 jacket potatoes during last week mashed down with some cheese, could these be the culprit?? I'm so gutted, because I just think that if I'm still eating so much less than before the op why am I not losing and why have I suddenly put on, will I ever lose this bloody weight??? :sigh: Sorry for going on.

could where you are in your cycle have anything to do with it? When are you due your first fill? Is it worth you contacting your bariatric team for advice etc? I haven't had my wls surgery yet so can't really speak from experience, but I'm sure someone who has had a band will be able to advice you.

Rebirth

Please dont be disheartened.
Before your first fill a whole host of reasons could contribute to you gaining slightly.
One that I think affected me was the fact I had been on the pre op diet and then liquids for about 3 weeks. My body got used to the small amount of calories and when I started on the mushy and more solid foods my body went "right this is good ill hang on to these calories", and some weight came back.

As soon as you have your fills put in and begin the whole process of eating much less, the weight you put on and more will start to come off.

It also could be a bit of water retention or TOTM aswell (the joys of being a woman eh?)

I promise it will go as quickly as it came xx

Thanks Bex, I remember reading the forum before my op thinking to myself I had it all sorted in my head, and that I understood that before my fills my weight would go up and down....but now that I'm banded and it's gone up I'm panicking, altho what you have just said is so true...........can our heads ever be truly fixed?....mine anyway!

I too had a gain of 5lbs after my op. Don't worry yourself over it because it will soon shift again. Water retention is usually the cause. You will be fine once you have had your 1st fill so calm down and relax. Stressing over it will make it seem 10 times worse sweetheartxxx

Back