• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling down

mazza141180

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi people, don't want to sound too whiney, but I don't want to upset my friends etc so thought I would put how I'm feeling down here.
I am almost shingle free, I have apparently had a very severe case that became infected and resulted in 3wks off work. The doctor was quite shocked that I didn't feel worse than I did, but without sounding too depressing I think the reason is because I feel really crap normally it was just an extension of that, saying that it did knock me off my feet. I've spent 3wks practically horizontal and was sent away from my pre op. I've been told to call back and rebook once clear but I feel like I'm putting it off. I am so petrified in case I've put weight on I don't want them to turn me away on that basis, this heat is making me miserable I can't sleep with it and to top it off its that time of the month which I rarely get cos of pcos so I'm miserable. Feel like crying all the time and my back is killing me because of my weight.

awww mazza what an awful time uv had lately :( no wonder u r down in the dumps. It is such an emotional journey and the fear is always that they are going to say no at every turn. My advice to u would be to book ur pre op, explain what has been going on and take it from there, its the worry that they might not give u ur surgery but if u don't go u wont know and u may not have put weight on, u may have lost
Goodluck with ur journey xx

big hugs hun it can only get better , this heat makes things worse x any weight you may have gained will soon come off with the preop diet so don't worry xx

Awww, sorry you're feeling so crap. :(

You're right, a lot will have to do with the shingles, it's hard to bounce back after an illness.

Hey, newsflash: You're not Wonder Woman. None of us are. (especially the blokes. :p ) So give yourself a break. Take the time to heal and feel better. As for the heat, well, it's Britain, you know it won't last! Add PMS and back pain, no wonder you're feeling unhappy, but that's actually allowed!

Nothing much to do but give it time: the heat will go away, the PMS will end, and you will eventually feel more upbeat.

I know how debilitating and depressing back pain is, I live with it 24/7, so I really, really know, and I have no wise words to you on that, just take it easy, take painkillers and do what you can to take your mind off things. Are there any hobbies that you enjoy? Do you read? I posted a link to a free (today) Kindle book my friend recommends in the Bookworm thread, have a look.

HUGE hugs in the meantime, and hope you feel better very, very soon. :gen126:

Hey guys, thank you so much for your replies. It means a lot. You really have made me feel better!! :) xxx
I am going to bite the bullet and call the hospital shortly.
Thank you again xxx

Bookie I love reading, I work full time and whilst I can't sleep atm reading is a god send so will defo check it out xx

Just got off the phone, pre op rebooked for 24th and anaesthetist 30th! Time to pull my finger out and get some weight shifted :)

Thanks again guys xx

Back