• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pathetic, I know, but i'm genuinly devestated that i've put on a lb in weight

Anita75

hiya all,
I hope you dont mind that i'm going to RANT -but really feel so very frustrated:

i know this is mega pathetic, but i'm gutted that i've put on a pound... overnight :cry:.

I'd managed to lose 4stone 1 pound and was so happy!!! now the pound is back on again it is simply 4stone (do i sound ungrateful or what?). I did eat something different yesterday, Sushi (which i thought was meant to be good for you?); but can defenitely say I wont be having it again, especially if it makes me put on a pound overnight :sigh:. even though i know the name of the game, it really hurts me to put on weight (even in the smallest of fractions) because of the added work it requires to lose something that you'd already lost in the first place... my GP did warn me that weight loss is like 'steps' (you lose some, then stay the same for a while, then lose some again... and so on... and sometimes, there is a bit of an increase in weight and not to be shocked if it happened - but even armed with this knowledge, that pound hurts :().

Booooooo!!!

you shouldnt weigh daily as the weight can fluxuate as much as 3 llbs over night, stick to weighing WEEKLY or its going to end up upsetting you more than making you happy x

Hi Anita firstly congrats on the fab loss 4 stone in 3 months wow. Hun how often do u weigh urself is it daily if so then its not a good idea, us women can gain pounds overnight just because of hormones or water retention or totm is around near.
Am sure it was not the sushsi u have to eat a whole load of cals to gain the pound if its down to food and am sure with ur band u cant eat that much.
Hun pls dont worry bout the pound it will drop off as either as it appeared, u have done so well pls dont let it bother you and maybe dont weigh urself so often as our weight fluctuates from day to day.
Take care xxx

I really wouldnt worry about it - could be water retention, time of the month or weighing yourself too often - it will be gone soon + others. Congratulations on your fab loss so far.

Hi Anita, you shouldn't really be weighing yourself so often :copon: especially if its gonna make you feel like this.

You should try to keep it either weekly, fortnightly or monthly, that way you are giving yourself a chance to loose weight gradually and not over-night

Sushi isn't fattening so thats most likely not the cause for your weight gain, it could be a number of things, you could have weighed yourself at a different time than the day before, your weight can change between 2 & 1/2 lbs in a day so weighing yourself daily is crazy, you could just be retaining some fluid, you dont know!

Stop putting yourself under so much pressure to loose weight, you have done absolutely amazing so far.......4 STONE......WOW I would love to be in your shoes

Now listen to us all on here and please stop weighing yourself so much its not good for you

Kate x

lol, im just agreeing with what everyone else has put. sorry you feel so devastated. im sure its almost annoying to lose so much weight then put a lb on. it makes u feel like ur going up hill...but ur not!! maybe you had a drink before the weigh in etc.....

Hun, please don't worry I put on what I thought was a pound a day for 3 days and there was no reason as I had not eaten anything bad. However on the 4th day I was 3lb lighter again. These things just happen.

I do weight every day and will never be any different. However, I still class Saturdays as my weight in day and compare it to the previous Saturday. So when it dose go up and down I don't count it.

Hope you feel better and I bet that pound if off again by the morning.

i can really understand how you feel. its such a buzz to be losing and doing fab and then... a gain. what i would say is dont be soo hard on yourself. your going great and must feel different. if you do weigh everyday (which as the others have said is not great) try to look ar it as a temporary weight and as mentioned before go by weekly total.
easier said than done as i weigh everyday and dont see myself changing that routine, but last week when i had a gain (it wasnt a real one) that was how i looked at it and at the weekend had lost 6lbs in 2 wks.
good luck and enjoy your positives and your journey. you deserve it.

Aww bless you. This is a classic case of why we should'nt weigh daily. Its enough to make us crack up. 1 lb gained is stressing you out so what happens if its a 2lb gain? Weigh weekly, fortnightly or even monthly like I do and you should always have a loss without the stress in between. Good luckxxxx

Back