• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

Hows every1 feeling? Im back to work on mon n looking fwd to a bit of normality! Is the weight loss going well guys? X
back to work from last week. Feeling good but bored of eating. No more weight loss yet though since last week.

Hows every1 feeling? Im back to work on mon n looking fwd to a bit of normality! Is the weight loss going well guys? X

no idea what ive lost, im refusing to let myself get obsessed with scales like i used to be. ive an appointment at the hospital on the 19th and they can have the honour of weighing me lol

Hi 2nd timer
Doing ok i think. Upto about 1200 calories a day. Been on mush for 3 days. No weight loss for 6 days but I am constipated. Feeling more hungry though now swelling has gone down. Lost 1stone since band + 10llbs on pre op diet
So yeah. I think I'm doin ok

Hi 2nd timer
Doing ok i think. Upto about 1200 calories a day. Been on mush for 3 days. No weight loss for 6 days but I am constipated. Feeling more hungry though now swelling has gone down. Lost 1stone since band + 10llbs on pre op diet
So yeah. I think I'm doin ok

That's great news :)

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

I'm feeling good, I have lost a full 14kg. 10kg was on the pre-op diet and after a slow start, 4kg since the op. I am now the lightest I have been for the last 15 years :D

3 weeks out this Tuesday coming. Drove yesterday and I think back to work on Thursday. Had a complete turnaround on Friday, energy back and excessive breathlessness gone.
Managing about 600/700 cals and 1 to 1.5ltrs water per day. Including pre op diet which started on 5th Jan have lost 32lbs but been a bit stagnant this last 3/4 days as now constipated.

Hope everyone is doing well
TTFN
X

3 weeks out this Tuesday coming. Drove yesterday and I think back to work on Thursday. Had a complete turnaround on Friday, energy back and excessive breathlessness gone.
Managing about 600/700 cals and 1 to 1.5ltrs water per day. Including pre op diet which started on 5th Jan have lost 32lbs but been a bit stagnant this last 3/4 days as now constipated.

TTFN
X

Hi Matra, glad to see you posting again, I wandered if you were keeping ok. Sounds like your making great progress.

What are you having to get 6/700 cals? Feeling positive again about this coming Tuesday - amazing weight loss you have had since 5th Jan. you must be well pleased.

Wow thats fab!!

Ive been a bit obsessive with the scales and trying not to be atm! I think ive lost about a stone since op most of that in the 1st week tho when I was feeling rough..started to get annoyed that it had slowed down this week but its only normal I guess.

2 weeks tomo and no bm!!! :(

Wow thats fab!! Ive been a bit obsessive with the scales and trying not to be atm! I think ive lost about a stone since op most of that in the 1st week tho when I was feeling rough..started to get annoyed that it had slowed down this week but its only normal I guess. 2 weeks tomo and no bm!!! :(
same here. 1 had 1bm about a week ago but that's all. No dumping or anything. Lost a stone since surgery but that was in first week. Nothing since and I was done on 15th.

Hi Matra, glad to see you posting again, I wandered if you were keeping ok. Sounds like your making great progress.

What are you having to get 6/700 cals? Feeling positive again about this coming Tuesday - amazing weight loss you have had since 5th Jan. you must be well pleased.

Hi crucon, not long to go now, what time is your op planned for? I will say that I was due in a 2.30 but didn't get taken until closer to 4 but we sat thru in the day room watching a medley of come dine with me until they took us thru to the HDU room for BP, weight, gown and sexy stockings.

Feeling soooo much better now and it's good to get out of the house and back to some sort of normality!

6/700 is a very rough estimate but a typical day at the moment is
1/2 Weetabix & ss milk or ready brek - 1 1/2 tbsp
home made veg soup with added marinated tofu or cheese for added protein -about 2 tbsp
Cauliflower cheese or beef stew or mince - 2 to 3 tbsp
Snacks - Greek yoghurt or custard made up with Splenda or marinated tofu pieces

Hope that helps.

Wow thats fab!!

Ive been a bit obsessive with the scales and trying not to be atm! I think ive lost about a stone since op most of that in the 1st week tho when I was feeling rough..started to get annoyed that it had slowed down this week but its only normal I guess.

2 weeks tomo and no bm!!! :(

please get hold of a bm softner and a laxitive! see the doc if needs be. i have movicol so if ive not been in a couple days i take it in an afternoon and have gone by morning

please get hold of a bm softner and a laxitive! see the doc if needs be. i have movicol so if ive not been in a couple days i take it in an afternoon and have gone by morning

Ive been taking senakot, lactulose (dr script) and suppositries and they do nothing :(

Ive been taking senakot, lactulose (dr script) and suppositries and they do nothing :(

wow, please go back and tell them so they can help you find something that works for you

TTFN
X

Hi crucon, not long to go now, what time is your op planned for? I will say that I was due in a 2.30 but didn't get taken until closer to 4 but we sat thru in the day room watching a medley of come dine with me until they took us thru to the HDU room for BP, weight, gown and sexy stockings.

Feeling soooo much better now and it's good to get out of the house and back to some sort of normality!

6/700 is a very rough estimate but a typical day at the moment is
1/2 Weetabix & ss milk or ready brek - 1 1/2 tbsp
home made veg soup with added marinated tofu or cheese for added protein -about 2 tbsp
Cauliflower cheese or beef stew or mince - 2 to 3 tbsp
Snacks - Greek yoghurt or custard made up with Splenda or marinated tofu pieces

Hope that helps.

Hi Matra, I am the first op on Tuesday, in for 10.30 then op at 12. Thanks for the menu tips- just checked my weight after 2 weeks pre op and have lost 18lbs so well chuffed

Im the same tried everything the doctors have suggested but its been 4 weeks for me 2 weeks pre op 2 weeks post op. I cant manage food anymore and im in so much pain with it feel dizzy constantly. I have been so well after the op and not had any pain the only thing that is getting to me is this. Going back to the doctors in the morning as im really struggling hopefully they will be able to help. Hope you get sorted soon dont leave it any longer like I did

Im the same tried everything the doctors have suggested but its been 4 weeks for me 2 weeks pre op 2 weeks post op. I cant manage food anymore and im in so much pain with it feel dizzy constantly. I have been so well after the op and not had any pain the only thing that is getting to me is this. Going back to the doctors in the morning as im really struggling hopefully they will be able to help. Hope you get sorted soon dont leave it any longer like I did

Oh my goodness that sounds awful :( let me know how u get on. I was gonna phone out of hrs doc today as im meant to be back to work tomorrow but feel v sluggish n vomited this morn :(

I would say u need movical or softener . The laxatives compound your bm to a hard mass if not. Because you not eating much it gets stored n made hard. Softener all the way I found when previously banded. You need to educate your bowel to move soft poo along. Hope this helps

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Hi Matra, I am the first op on Tuesday, in for 10.30 then op at 12. Thanks for the menu tips- just checked my weight after 2 weeks pre op and have lost 18lbs so well chuffed

That's brilliant, a fab start - well done.

Back