• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

yay Emma, its great isnt it!! crackers are my thing at the moment :)

How's everyone doing. Anybody else finding it scary how it's nearly the end of feb and we had our ops done in jan.

Doing really well. Don't even realise I've had it done apart from not being bothered about eating.

Doing really well. Don't even realise I've had it done apart from not being bothered about eating.

I'm on puree now, readybrek for brekki, got individual satchets, can manage half to 3/4. I keep forgetting lunch but managing to squeeze latte in, dinner quorn bolognaise mix (no pasta) bit of cheese sauce, all homemade lol....

Might have a peek at thick soups, got some stewed apple for dessert lol...like you no hunger at all.

Pesky hunger gland removed...Yay :)

I'm exactly the same, I need to remind myself to eat xx

Head hunger is killing me, it's like clockwork. I want to turn it off but it's sooooo realistic as I physically can't be hungry. It literally does my head in!

Head hunger is killing me, it's like clockwork. I want to turn it off but it's sooooo realistic as I physically can't be hungry. It literally does my head in!
I think some of my hunger is head hunger but i struggle to tell the difference. I think I'm just weird!!

band fitted 16.01.14

Head hunger is the pits...I think because my surgery is revision for me there is no head hunger...iykwim??? xx

I think some of my hunger is head hunger but i struggle to tell the difference. I think I'm just weird!!

band fitted 16.01.14

Em, your 1st fill will probs help...I admire all you banders losing at the beginning, it's based purely on your self.control which is a def 'hats off' xx

Head hunger is the pits...I think because my surgery is revision for me there is no head hunger...iykwim??? xx

I guess it's ok for now because it ensures that I am eating my three small meals plus a couple if snacks but I'm scared for the future and what it might lead to.

I guess it's ok for now because it ensures that I am eating my three small meals plus a couple if snacks but I'm scared for the future and what it might lead to.

It's such a huge learning curve....bear in mind that me having no head hunger or hunger at all, may well all be in my head too... the general after effects of surgery I was geared up for, knew the drill, walking, burping etc, the bit of should I or shouldn't I never happened as it was revision so I knew what to expect. It almost made it easier in many ways...so mentally, your head needs to catch up with your tummy maybe??x

Last edited:
Oh it sure is a huge learning curve!! When I get head hunger I start chanting in my head, not hungry, not hungry over and over, I'm such a loony! I do hope you a right and it's just taking the head a bit longer to catch up.

So I dumped today.... First time since bypass on 14th Jan...... In a restaurant of all places.
I assume I dumped. I had 4x pieces if calamari which was tempura battered (something I know wouldn't get stuck as eating out but clearly too oily for me). Boom I felt week and yuk. Didn't know where to put myself then ended up running to the toilet with the runs!
I was in there ages. Thankfully no one else came in!!
I had to call my hubby from where I sat to ask him to settle the bill and clean the baby up so we could leave sharpish :-((

Nightmare. Hubby couldn't even finish his beer !

Is this classic bypass dumping?

I was like that today but lots of gurgling and nausea had to leave restaurant early and go home. There are so many different types of dumping but I thought mine might be as I had apple juice (normally fine at home but normally water Down) but had one of hubbies onion rings.

So I dumped today.... First time since bypass on 14th Jan...... In a restaurant of all places.
I assume I dumped. I had 4x pieces if calamari which was tempura battered (something I know wouldn't get stuck as eating out but clearly too oily for me). Boom I felt week and yuk. Didn't know where to put myself then ended up running to the toilet with the runs!
I had to call my hubby from where I sat to ask him to settle the bill and clean the baby up so we could leave sharpish :-((

Poor you :( when I go on hols mid april I'm asking to meet the head chef n saying no sugar n no fat diet for sure! Luckily they do a buffet there where you can have things cooked in front of you. Wouldn't dream of eating anything with fat on yet hum :( hope u can get a better choice next time u go out xxxxx

previous bander, revision to by pass.

Hey I just sucked to death the insides of two dry chips n I'm fine :)) lol

previous bander, revision to by pass.

Back