• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

So today I enjoyed a vodka, cranberry and lime. Sipped slowly.... Twas very nice and had no effect. I didn't break! I also didn't feel I needed another :)
That's good if you haven't drunk for 2 years.
After I had baby #3 last year i had just a couple of drinks (fortunately at home) which had amusing effects! & that was only after a year of not drinking!

band fitted 16.01.14

How is everyone doing?
It's nearly March so us Januaryers are a few weeks out now. I've been rubbish with keeping up with all of us. Sorry peeps
Victoria x

OMG I'm at the pancake house at center parcs. This time last year I had a large pancake and a side of nachos. This year I've ordered a small pancake only because I'm with other people. Probably won't eat any of it. How times have changed.

mmmmmmmmmm i love pancake house at center parcs

Well, I've just got to say how pleased and annoyed I am today!!! Opened a 'next' account yesterday (I have never ordered next clothes for myself before!!!). And ordered 4 pairs of black trousers all size 24 - I'm going away at the weekend and wanted to look a bit smarter in the evening. Arrived on time (good service) rushed upstairs to try them on, and they are all TOO BIG!!!!! Pleased that I am shrinking, but annoyed now that I have got to place another order!!! I phoned my local store to see if they stock larger sizes so I can try some on, but they hadn't got any in at the moment :-(. But spoke to a lovely lady, to whom I explained my situation (WLS and changing shape) and she told me next do a personal shopping service free of charge - just book an appointment!!! So I am planning that before buying a whole new summer wardrobe!!!

Also my neighbours across the road had noticed my weight loss (both in mid to late 60's) especially the fella, who wanted his wife to come and ask me if I was OK as he could see I was loosing weight!!! I explained that I had lost weight, not because I am ill, but because I had WLS and they were really pleased and supportive!!!

So having a good day as the sun is shining and I am a size smaller, and even the neighbours have noticed!!! was in evans size 28 at Christmas - sleeve done on 3rd jan 2014) I am walking with a spring in my step today!!! :). But the scales are still slow to move, just shows it's not all down to the scales!!!

Love from a 'happy' sal xxx

Well, I've just got to say how pleased and annoyed I am today!!! Opened a 'next' account yesterday (I have never ordered next clothes for myself before!!!). And ordered 4 pairs of black trousers all size 24 - I'm going away at the weekend and wanted to look a bit smarter in the evening. Arrived on time (good service) rushed upstairs to try them on, and they are all TOO BIG!!!!! Pleased that I am shrinking, but annoyed now that I have got to place another order!!! I phoned my local store to see if they stock larger sizes so I can try some on, but they hadn't got any in at the moment :-(. But spoke to a lovely lady, to whom I explained my situation (WLS and changing shape) and she told me next do a personal shopping service free of charge - just book an appointment!!! So I am planning that before buying a whole new summer wardrobe!!! Also my neighbours across the road had noticed my weight loss (both in mid to late 60's) especially the fella, who wanted his wife to come and ask me if I was OK as he could see I was loosing weight!!! I explained that I had lost weight, not because I am ill, but because I had WLS and they were really pleased and supportive!!! So having a good day as the sun is shining and I am a size smaller, and even the neighbours have noticed!!! was in evans size 28 at Christmas - sleeve done on 3rd jan 2014) I am walking with a spring in my step today!!! :). But the scales are still slow to move, just shows it's not all down to the scales!!! Love from a 'happy' sal xxx

Such a happy positive post. Well done you xxx

Well, I've just got to say how pleased and annoyed I am today!!! Opened a 'next' account yesterday (I have never ordered next clothes for myself before!!!). And ordered 4 pairs of black trousers all size 24 - I'm going away at the weekend and wanted to look a bit smarter in the evening. Arrived on time (good service) rushed upstairs to try them on, and they are all TOO BIG!!!!! Pleased that I am shrinking, but annoyed now that I have got to place another order!!! I phoned my local store to see if they stock larger sizes so I can try some on, but they hadn't got any in at the moment :-(. But spoke to a lovely lady, to whom I explained my situation (WLS and changing shape) and she told me next do a personal shopping service free of charge - just book an appointment!!! So I am planning that before buying a whole new summer wardrobe!!! Also my neighbours across the road had noticed my weight loss (both in mid to late 60's) especially the fella, who wanted his wife to come and ask me if I was OK as he could see I was loosing weight!!! I explained that I had lost weight, not because I am ill, but because I had WLS and they were really pleased and supportive!!! So having a good day as the sun is shining and I am a size smaller, and even the neighbours have noticed!!! was in evans size 28 at Christmas - sleeve done on 3rd jan 2014) I am walking with a spring in my step today!!! :). But the scales are still slow to move, just shows it's not all down to the scales!!! Love from a 'happy' sal xxx
Fabulous Happy Sal ! Your doing amazing. Well done you x

I almost bought myself a pair of next relaxed skinny fit jeans today. Size 16 but they looked generous. I didn't try but decided to hold off another 2 or 3 weeks then try them on in the hope they fit well and I can breath in them!
I did buy a pair of Irregular heels ready for my salsa class next week though ;-)

Oh Sal, what a lovely post and what lovely neighbours. :)

Well, I've just got to say how pleased and annoyed I am today!!! Opened a 'next' account yesterday (I have never ordered next clothes for myself before!!!). And ordered 4 pairs of black trousers all size 24 - I'm going away at the weekend and wanted to look a bit smarter in the evening. Arrived on time (good service) rushed upstairs to try them on, and they are all TOO BIG!!!!! Pleased that I am shrinking, but annoyed now that I have got to place another order!!! I phoned my local store to see if they stock larger sizes so I can try some on, but they hadn't got any in at the moment :-(. But spoke to a lovely lady, to whom I explained my situation (WLS and changing shape) and she told me next do a personal shopping service free of charge - just book an appointment!!! So I am planning that before buying a whole new summer wardrobe!!!

Also my neighbours across the road had noticed my weight loss (both in mid to late 60's) especially the fella, who wanted his wife to come and ask me if I was OK as he could see I was loosing weight!!! I explained that I had lost weight, not because I am ill, but because I had WLS and they were really pleased and supportive!!!

So having a good day as the sun is shining and I am a size smaller, and even the neighbours have noticed!!! was in evans size 28 at Christmas - sleeve done on 3rd jan 2014) I am walking with a spring in my step today!!! :). But the scales are still slow to move, just shows it's not all down to the scales!!!

Love from a 'happy' sal xxx

Great stuff :) I've got loads of 22s some brand new if you r interested! All next or mn s

previous bander, revision to by pass.

6 week check with surgeon and dietitian this morning. Both really pleased. Slightly above average weight loss apparently but I'm putting that down to not being able to keep anything down for the first 10 days post op! The dietitian read thru my food diary and said it looked good and varied and only made a couple of points. Eat full fat yoghurt!! Half as much as LF will probably do me and it's better for you (less preservatives, sugar etc ....apparently). Ditch the Atkins bars and go with good dark chocolate if looking for a chocolate hit. Oh and fizz is ok as a mixer if I can tolerate it (bashed about a bit to get some fizz out).
Surgeon thinks I still have a bit of internal bruising so to give the gym a miss for another couple of weeks (like to says I'm upset about that but .........).
Anyway, both positive appointments so one happy Lesley!

6 week check with surgeon and dietitian this morning. Both really pleased. Slightly above average weight loss apparently but I'm putting that down to not being able to keep anything down for the first 10 days post op! The dietitian read thru my food diary and said it looked good and varied and only made a couple of points. Eat full fat yoghurt!! Half as much as LF will probably do me and it's better for you (less preservatives, sugar etc ....apparently). Ditch the Atkins bars and go with good dark chocolate if looking for a chocolate hit. Oh and fizz is ok as a mixer if I can tolerate it (bashed about a bit to get some fizz out). Surgeon thinks I still have a bit of internal bruising so to give the gym a miss for another couple of weeks (like to says I'm upset about that but .........). Anyway, both positive appointments so one happy Lesley!

Excellent news. Well done you xxx

Can you help me out here and give me an example of your daily intake please ?!

Victoria x

Thanks Victoria.

Jude - Badgerpink has started a '2014 sleevies food diary/s' which I post on, if I was clever enough I would link it.......

Typical menu
B Weetabix + ss milk OR Greek yoghurt
L HM soup OR 1/2 WW wrap
S Tofu OR chicken OR Chinese rice crackers
T mince, onion, carrots and a tiny bit of mash OR Tofu and sweet potato curry OR mince Bolognese (3tbls at very most)
S 10 x Special K crisps OR WW korma poppadoms OR bit of Atkins protein bar
And I try and get 1500 mls of water / nas juice in a day

6 week check with surgeon and dietitian this morning. Both really pleased. Slightly above average weight loss apparently but I'm putting that down to not being able to keep anything down for the first 10 days post op! The dietitian read thru my food diary and said it looked good and varied and only made a couple of points. Eat full fat yoghurt!! Half as much as LF will probably do me and it's better for you (less preservatives, sugar etc ....apparently). Ditch the Atkins bars and go with good dark chocolate if looking for a chocolate hit. Oh and fizz is ok as a mixer if I can tolerate it (bashed about a bit to get some fizz out).
Surgeon thinks I still have a bit of internal bruising so to give the gym a miss for another couple of weeks (like to says I'm upset about that but .........).
Anyway, both positive appointments so one happy Lesley!

Hi Matra, I was in today as well for my 3 week check and got a clean bill, also had the talk on what to eat and how often from Fiona. Prof happy and everything healing good. Glad everything went well with you..

Great stuff :) I've got loads of 22s some brand new if you r interested! All next or mn s previous bander, revision to by pass.

I am very interested in your size 22's!!!! Please let me know what you have - I usually have long leg in trousers, but the next regular length were fine. Thanks.

Love sal xx

Good to hear from you crucon and glad all well with the 'bosses'. Blimey it's a small world, I wonder if our paths crossed. I was 9 with Fiona and 9.30 with Prof.
Take care and keep us posted.

6 week check with surgeon and dietitian this morning. Both really pleased. Slightly above average weight loss apparently but I'm putting that down to not being able to keep anything down for the first 10 days post op! The dietitian read thru my food diary and said it looked good and varied and only made a couple of points. Eat full fat yoghurt!! Half as much as LF will probably do me and it's better for you (less preservatives, sugar etc ....apparently). Ditch the Atkins bars and go with good dark chocolate if looking for a chocolate hit. Oh and fizz is ok as a mixer if I can tolerate it (bashed about a bit to get some fizz out). Surgeon thinks I still have a bit of internal bruising so to give the gym a miss for another couple of weeks (like to says I'm upset about that but .........). Anyway, both positive appointments so one happy Lesley!

Sounds like you are doing really well Matra, keep up the good work!!! And dark chocolate sounds lovely!!! Hhhmmmmm

Love sal xxx

Good to hear from you crucon and glad all well with the 'bosses'. Blimey it's a small world, I wonder if our paths crossed. I was 9 with Fiona and 9.30 with Prof.
Take care and keep us posted.

Hi Matra I was 11 with prof and 11.30 with Fiona

Sounds like you are doing really well Matra, keep up the good work!!! And dark chocolate sounds lovely!!! Hhhmmmmm

Love sal xxx

Thanks Sal,

Looking forward to a bit of dark chocolate this evening........and drooling at the thought!

Back