• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

jo bow

jo bow

hi im new to the group im waiting to see dr small to get my band removed and bypass can i ask has any one had this done and is it done all in one opp
thanks jo

angiemason

Hi Jo sorry i can't help but don't like to be rude ignoring your post xx good luck and i'm sure you will get an answer soon :)

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Hi Jo,

I don't know the answer I'm afraid, but am just bumping your post up so that hopefully someone else will see it.

I have read lots of anecdotal stories of band -to- bypass and band -to- sleeve conversions, and all successful from what I have read.

I know there are a few ex banders on here who have converted to a bypass, but in most cases several years later, and the ops were done at separate times.

Hope one of them will be along soon to help you.

Best wishes.

newcy

:welcome: I'm afraid I can't answer but justliz had a band to bypass conversion at sunderland - you can send her a private message once you've made 50 posts if she doesn't see this thread. She runs the support group at sunderland too - there's a thread on there for that x

safc_chick

Can't wait to be skinny!
Hiya and welcome, I think there done seperate there was a lady in hospital same time as me having a bypass and she'd had her band removed a fair few mths b4 her bypass op xx

jo_ jo

Hiya

Liz is the one who you need to talk to i am sure she will be along shortly

Good luck

Jo
xx

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Hi Jo,

I believe that OOnion (who has clicked "like" under my previous comment!) also had a band replaced with a bypass, but several years apart.

Nicola j

Hi joCan I ask how long you have had the band for and what has happened for you to get bypass? Sorry to be nosey its just I've had my band for 2 years and it worked fine for the first year and a half, then I got problems in my port site (I'm getting it repositioned on the 9th march) and then I started not been able to keep food down. I was just wondering what your circumstances are?
Nic
X

vickylou

Hi and welcome, sorry I can answer ur question

jo bow

aww thanks every one x
nicola i had a band put in april 2007 lost 6 stone in oct 2007 the band made a pouch i couldent drink i had it deflated and then filled slowley then it slipped i had more surgery had it reposioned jan 11 and its never been rite since i had xray at sunderland were it was s tight nothing was goin threw so dr small took all 6mls out and said come back in three months for another xray and see him so i go back 16th april hopin i get on the list my band is emptied and i feel fine just getting fatter xx

jo bow

hi nicola again i think i nede to tell u i had a dilated ospasagos but i could eat what i wanted apperentley it was just sitting in my gut thats when dr small asperated all the fluid and i go back 16th april to have a check up xray its been a hard job up and down all the way for me xx

weeble

Wobbles
Hi

I had my band removed and my bypass done in one op nearly four weeks ago. I had serious reflux issues even with an empty band and got NHS funding for the revision.

I have had a very easy recovery and feel so much better without the band in.

W

jo bow

w thanks for your reply i have reflux still with my band empty but not as bad as i did with fluid in aww thats great to get 1 opp and its finished with i hope i get the same i go back 16th april carnt wait see wat he says did u have to have camera down befor your opp and how long befor if you did sorry for so many questions . im just wondering wat my next satge is wen i have been 16th april as im having xray on the morning and seeing dr small the afternoon thanks for your reply and all the best with your bypass i guess its loades better than a band ? xx