• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Joined the Gym & Other Stuff

Kazzer75

My hubby and I have finally joined the gym. Its a lot more expensive than I remember though. But I figure as we already invested £1000's in having my op then it only makes sense to pay a little more to make it worth it. We meet with the personal trainer tomorrow...scarey!

:eek:

I'm not having a very good week though. I seem to have lost a bit of my enthusiasm or perhaps the honeymoon is over??

Does anyone think this is normal? I am 6 months post op. It would be great to hear from others who have been there already as I would feel loads better knowing this will pass.

I have no regrets or anything, just starting to see glimpses of old, bad habits and it really scares me.

The old bad habits are there to be fought all the time. Congratulations on joining the gym, this might actually be a good thing to spurn you on for the next drive. You will realise how unfit you are and want to do more to get fitter. Plus it will also give a boost to your weight loss and feelings of happiness once a good session is completed :)

Just did my calculations again and I am not quite 6 months out. I liked your ticker so much that I made my own, so I will always know now.

I have been exercising at home on our cross trainer. After a short time I was able to do 45-60 mins on a high (tightened) setting with weights on my ankles and wrists. Was also doing sit ups and using the weights to do my arms. I was doing this 2-4 times a week in the build up to our vacation in Malta, but must admit, that sadly, I haven't done anything since we got back from our holiday. I am ashamed to say that actually. I had been doing so well. Any how, must get back on track from tomorrow with the exercise and hopefully the variety of different things I will be able to do at the gym will help to keep me motivated.

Whilst I am being honest as well...I have to say that I am a little disappointed that I seem to be able to eat more already. Does this mean that my stomach has stretched out again or is it to be expected around this time after the op?

Mixman, you have had phenomenal results. I bet you have had to work really hard though. You give me hope though.

I knew this op wouldn't be a cure, but I think I am just shocked that things have already started to get more difficult. I am still eating only very, very small amounts, especially in comparison to what I could eat before, but I think once you have the op you look at things very closely.

I don't want to put anyone off from having this op though, its still the best thing that I have ever done and I wouldn't change things at all.

I just need to get out of this funk and get my mojo back.

Has anyone had extra support from speaking to a counsellor or anything? I wonder if that would help??

It's a possibility. Speaking to someone. I know we have a psychiatrist linked to the PCT and he's there to use when you want. We all have different things that makes us tick, perhaps someone could unlock it.

It's been hard work but I love it. I'm just getting over a spell of feeling low and deflated. Caught a bug, couldn't get out on the bike, feel lazy, depressed, snack a little. The bad habits are always going to be around. But I'm getting the drive back again. Out on the bike more again.

I love the cross trainer. Park it in front of the TV and I'm off for an hour.

Look at the pictures of how you were and how you'd like to be. Use these feelings you're having now to get back on track. You obviously want to as you wouldn't have admitted to these things now. Set yourself a new goal, achievable one but testing. We all know you can do it :) xx

ive definately noticed in the lat few weeks that i can eat a more than i could before, but its still small amounts. I havent lost any weight for the past 2 weeks, but ive been unable to excerices, and yes those naughty habbits have snuck in...a biscuit here, a vodka and coke there :eek:

Im guessing this is where our real hard work begins...once a foodie, always a foodie!

we can do it though! just need a kick up the ass

x

You can do it Deets and Kazzer ! you have both done so well since your ops xxx

Met with the instructor at the gym today. I'm not as fit as I was a month ago, but I was still able to jog on the treadmill without dying or really even losing my breathe...I was close to huffing and puffing, but managed to disguise it. Now that wouldn't have happened without the op!

I can run on the treadmill!! Very strange sensation though.

Also, I tried on a pair of size 14 jeans today and they fit!! Well, I'm not sure they could handle me sitting down, but standing up they were okay. Will wait another week maybe. But I've never been a size 14 so its pretty exciting!

Bit worried about weigh in tomorrow though. I seemed to have lost loads last week though for no apparent reason, so not going to worry too much if I've put on or stayed the same. There was either something not right about last weeks visit to the scales or I really have just been a pig this week.

Oh well, moving on...onwards and upwards.

We can all do this!

You can do it Deets and Kazzer ! you have both done so well since your ops xxx

thank you Mazza! just need to start taking more of an active role in loosing weight i think :)

Met with the instructor at the gym today. I'm not as fit as I was a month ago, but I was still able to jog on the treadmill without dying or really even losing my breathe...I was close to huffing and puffing, but managed to disguise it. Now that wouldn't have happened without the op!

I can run on the treadmill!! Very strange sensation though.

Also, I tried on a pair of size 14 jeans today and they fit!! Well, I'm not sure they could handle me sitting down, but standing up they were okay. Will wait another week maybe. But I've never been a size 14 so its pretty exciting!

Bit worried about weigh in tomorrow though. I seemed to have lost loads last week though for no apparent reason, so not going to worry too much if I've put on or stayed the same. There was either something not right about last weeks visit to the scales or I really have just been a pig this week.

Oh well, moving on...onwards and upwards.

We can all do this!

size 14?! :eek: thats awesome lady! i think im a size 17 (18's too big, and 16's very snug lol)

x

Back