• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Journey

prmdc098

So I've seen a few people speaking about tiers? What are these. I went to my GP and they referred me to the weight management clinic which I now attend weight loss classes. I've to attend these and aim to loose 10% to be eligible for surgery. Where do I fit into the tiers

So I've seen a few people speaking about tiers? What are these. I went to my GP and they referred me to the weight management clinic which I now attend weight loss classes. I've to attend these and aim to loose 10% to be eligible for surgery. Where do I fit into the tiers

Hi i and welcome.
It sounds like you are on Tier 3. You have to complete this before you are allowed to progress to Tier 4 at the hospital, where they will then consider you for surgery.

From what I understand from reading on here, its a variety of stages you need to complete before moving to the next stage then at the end of you jumping through these hoops , losing sometimes set percentage of weight , attending group sessions "they" finally give you the go ahead for funding then a date for your wls
if im wrong then im very sure someone will correct me

Hi i and welcome. It sounds like you are on Tier 3. You have to complete this before you are allowed to progress to Tier 4 at the hospital, where they will then consider you for surgery.
thanks that's great, I did wonder, just hoping I can loose enough weight before the end of the group sessions, I'm in Dundee Scotland and there doesn't seem to be many folk on here from Dundee or Scotland

From what I understand from reading on here, its a variety of stages you need to complete before moving to the next stage then at the end of you jumping through these hoops , losing sometimes set percentage of weight , attending group sessions "they" finally give you the go ahead for funding then a date for your wls if im wrong then im very sure someone will correct me
thank for your reply, hopefully I loose enough weight, apparently the wait time is very short, I've seen on here that people are waiting anything up to a year, it's madness in Dundee tayside the bariactric dietician has told us the weight after your given approval for funding is only 3 to 4 weeks

thanks that's great, I did wonder, just hoping I can loose enough weight before the end of the group sessions, I'm in Dundee Scotland and there doesn't seem to be many folk on here from Dundee or Scotland

You'd be surprised there a a few Scots on here, I'm an ex pat myself but keep an eye out for weegie and kurstywursty they are both long timers on here both from scotland

You'd be surprised there a a few Scots on here, I'm an ex pat myself but keep an eye out for weegie and kurstywursty they are both long timers on here both from scotland
oh really, I'll need to keep an eye out I'm not on that much so that doesn't help really need have a good few hours of reading folks stories and things, I seen a user from Dundee and I replied to her post but it was back in April she posted and she's not replied, would be great see if I can find any dundonians to see how their opp went and such

Back