• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Weight Management Meeting @ Heartlands Hospital Today

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
Run by Adrian Brown and Annmarie - Both were lovely people. Dr Taheri himself also sat in for around half an hour and actually seemed very pleasant, he worked out my weight in stones and lbs for me.

The meeting itself was not about Surgery but a weight management clinic for 6 months. It's aiming for us all to shed 5% and to teach us how to eat sensible and exercise.

I put forward my concerns that I was told in the wls clinic that if I was to shed 5-10% of my body weight that I would get referred onto Mr Super. Adrian reasurred me that I would be referred and that I won't have to wait the 6 months by attending the weight management meetings. I should get another app around late Sep/Oct to see Dr Taheri this will be the 3 months he has given me to shed this weight.

These meeting are once a month and I will be attending them all. By doing this Solihull PCT can't say I need to attend one before they concider the funding. Myself and another lady asked if we could go weekly to be weighed, they said yes but not at the moment as they arnt set up for it yet.

I was weighed and if the scales are the same as the ones in the clinic I have lost 8lbs so far ;) I've been on a strict diet these past 5 days only eating between 800 to 1000 calories a day, I've also upped my fluid (water) intake.

I was the only person out of the 4 of us that is going to be having surgery. I asked Adrian if I could attend a support group for wls and he said yes, this is on the 19th August in the evening. It's for pre-op and post-op.

I walked into this meeting blind as I hadn't got a clue what to expect as I'd had no information or letter through the post like the others had had.

I did though enjoy it. I'm just doing anything and everything they fire at me so I can have this surgery. :p

Sounds wonderful! I am so glad they are helping you out and fab job on the weight loss.

Great news, sounds like you got some info out of it and you are on your way.
Well done on your weight loss so far

Good luck hun:)

Glad it all went well for ya, well done on the 8lb loss thats fab, u will soon drop that 5% and be on ur way to surgery xxx

Back